WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

This must be the weirdest film experience I can personally remember. I consider myself a huge movie buff, I try to see everything I can, and I love movies. Before this forum, I had never even heard of Home. Ever. Not once. I hadn't seen a trailer, a poster, heard anyone mention it on any social media site... I mean my god, I've seen more interest in indie films. Was this just one of those ultimate kid flicks that if you don't actually have kids you've never heard of? Because it still confuses me to this day. 

I saw YouTube ads for it all the time. The marketing campaign was bigger than HTTYD2's. I assume you just don't follow animated movies.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Scott Shaw!

;)

Ah, the tried and tested concept of funny talking animals.

Yep I guess they work :P

I even have the short limited run they had of that a few years ago 

9 hours ago, RichWS said:

Just for shits and giggles (I'm off today and have nothing to do), I complied the top 20 grossing R-rated films of the century adjusted to the 2015 price of $8.43. So far, the 2000's were far kinder to R flicks than this decade. 

1. The Passion of the Christ - $502.6 million

2. The Matrix Reloaded - $393.6 million

3. American Sniper - $361.3 million

4. The Hangover - $311.7 million

5. Gladiator - $299.6 million

6. Wedding Crashers - $275.2 million

7. The Hangover Part II - $270.5 million

8. 300 - $258.1 million

9. Hannibal - $245.9 million

10. Scary Movie - $245.6 million

11. Ted - $231.7 million

12. American Pie 2 - $216.1 million

13. Terminator 3 - $210.2 million

14. 22 Jump Street - $197.8 million

15. Erin Brockovich - $196.4 million

16. The Matrix Revolutions - $194.8 million

17. Traffic - $194.1 million

18. Bad Boys II - $193.8 million

19. Knocked Up - $182.3 million

20. Troy - $181.1 million

Wow....most of those I don't like at all.   Of the ones I do like, none of them would get within shouting distance of Deadpool for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, department store basement said:

I saw YouTube ads for it all the time. The marketing campaign was bigger than HTTYD2's. I assume you just don't follow animated movies.

Well I watch almost every Pixar movie, I saw Minions, I certainly don't ignore animated films. I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki, too. 

I just never heard of Home at all. No idea why. It's weird as I usually hear of anything that does well. Somehow went through the cracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, department store basement said:

Holy shit Deadpool's been rated over 100,000 times on IMDB and it's still at an 8.7/10

And the "hate index"(the % of 1's) is pretty low for what I thought would be a polarizing violent SH film: 1.1%. Watchmen sits at 2.2%. TDK 1.6%.