WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Just realized I left out James Bond and Harry Potter.  So let's go with ten in no particular order of the most inconic characters in pop culture

Batman

Superman

Mickey Mouse

Santa Claus

Darth Vader

Spider-Man

James Bond

Harry Potter

Bugs Bunny

Indiana Jones

Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, one of them Disney princesses are definitely up there higher than at least one of them. 

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Just realized I left out James Bond and Harry Potter.  So let's go with ten in no particular order of the most inconic characters in pop culture

Batman

Superman

Mickey Mouse

Santa Claus

Darth Vader

Spider-Man

James Bond

Harry Potter

Bugs Bunny

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones isn't even close to the others in popularity, I'd replace him with Scooby-Doo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I see what you did there! ;)

Xmen apocalypse already being walloped before it hits theatres. Singer should go back to his roots and just make great drama/thrillers/suspense movies. 

Forgive me but that was not my intention. lol

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Indiana Jones isn't even close to the others in popularity, I'd replace him with Scooby-Doo.

I'm trying to think of characters that transcend their medium and anyone from 4 year old to a 84 year old.  Maybe add a character like Donald Duck?

• Like 1

As much as I am excited to see it and and happy for an R-rated movie breaking out, c'mon, Deadpool won't even be in Top 3 CBM's this year, neither DOM or WW. Not that that is taking away from it's amazing accomplishment. And, not that anyone else cares, but that seems like an ok number for How to Be Single.  

• Like 1

Just got back from Deadpool. It was actually pretty good. Very funny and the story was surprisingly effective. I actually can't think of much bad to say about it. It hit more than it missed. I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything but it had more smarts and storytelling craft than I thought it would. Didn't overstay it's welcome either, which many CBMs could learn from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

I think reason he did it was because of bvs vs CW things.

He has gone on record saying that he'd literally quit caring about films in the case of BvS failing to deliver. That's the equivalent of me quitting films for the TASM2 disaster, which would be completely  nuts. Excuse me if this move screams to me bias. 

4 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

idk why y'all stay sleepin on xmen apocalypse 

like its bound to have at least a little bit of an increase from dofp

Apocalypse doesn't have the old cast and the nostalgia factor going for it. There are well liked names in the cast, but I don't think Katniss can carry the X-Men movie on her back, because even though the other actors were involved in big productions, they aren't really Hugh Jackman. I sincerely think that DoFP will gross less than DoFP, and I'm not even entirely sure it'll break $200m. 

• Like 1

As much as I am excited to see it and and happy for an R-rated movie breaking out, c'mon, Deadpool won't even be in Top 3 CBM's this year, neither DOM or WW. Not that that is taking away from it's amazing accomplishment. And, not that anyone else cares, but that seems like an ok number for How to Be Single.  

Doctor Strange and Apocalypse are hardly going to make more than this, the only real threat is Suicide Squad, but it would have to be big... So why are you so sure it won't be in the top 3 domestic?

WW you're probably right, but only because of China...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

we gon need a top 20 most iconic characters list lmao

Funny, I actually made a list around a year ago of the most guessed fictional characters on Akinator. I believe it was this:

800k+: SpongeBob

400k+: Mickey Mouse

300k+: Batman, Santa Claus

200k+: Superman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Scooby-Doo, Bugs Bunny, Ariel, Aladdin, Cinderella, Mario, Pikachu, Steve (Minecraft), Slender Man, Katniss Everdeen

100k+: Darth Vader, Naruto, Harry Potter, Garfield, Snoopy, Link, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ronald McDonald, The Doctor, Sheldon Cooper, God, many others

Bond was at 90k, Indiana Jones 50k, Sherlock Holmes 60k. Obviously this doesn't correspond to who is most well known, as God should probably be #1.

Most popular cartoon character: SpongeBob

Most popular comic book character: Batman

Most popular comic strip character: Snoopy

Most popular TV character: The Doctor

Most popular movie character: Darth Vader

Most popular literature character: Katniss Everdeen

Most popular classic literature character: Sherlock Holmes

Most popular video game character: Mario

Most popular anime character: Naruto

Most popular advertising character: Ronald McDonald

Most popular internet character: Slender Man

Most popular holiday character: Santa Claus

Most popular mythical character: God

• Like 3

Just now, ThiagoMaia said:

Doctor Strange and Apocalypse are hardly going to make more than this, the only real threat is Suicide Squad, but it would have to be big... So why are you so sure it won't be in the top 3 domestic?

WW you're probably right, but only because of China...

LOL, how are you completely ignoring BvS and CW? And yes, I think SS will make more too. Marketing for it till now has been nothing short of incredible.

• Like 1