WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

4 minutes ago, crazydom said:

I really want Domino in the sequel. Too bad that Fox doesn't have the rights to Taskmaster, because he'd be great too.

Yeah, Taskmaster would be terrific in a Deadpool sequel.

Though him mimicking each Avenger in a movie could be even better.

Watching the Independence Day: resurgence trailer and I feel they should have gone for a black actor who is at a similar career trajectory as Will Smith was when the original was released, well acclaimed and just waiting for that one breakthrough role. Michael B Jordan would be the obvious candidate, but someone like a Donald Glover might have fit better. I am sure the person they cast will do well, but it was a combination of Will Smith and his growing fanbase that contributed a bit as well.

I am sure Liam Hemsworth's fanbase will carry this movie for sure :ph34r: 

• Like 1

Just now, AdamKendall said:

It's NEVER been done in a live action movie ... that's why the ceiling for it is higher than anything else if they deliver in the weeks leading up to release and it's not terrible.

Live action or not, it still same repeated Theme.

I love d.c stuff but this theme is going very old. 

I can't stand when know ending  of a movie before even watching it. 

So I can't see it hitting 450m sorry just can't. 

I am lowballing BvS at around 370M. That's probably one of the lowest predictions on the forum. And given that Deadpool is not going to be getting past 350M, I don't see how it could possibly outgross BvS. BvS would have to increase like only 5% on Man of Steel in order to be under Deadpool. Which ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Deadpool is not bigger than Iron Man or the Avengers.

Civil War should open around IM3's OW (174 m).

I dunno..... I have it at 125M/300M..... so it should be close to Deadpool.

9 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Taskmaster is primarily S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA (he mentored Crossbones), so we don't need him.

I definitely saw a reference to 

Hide contents

Bob, Agent of HYDRA, but without the HYDRA.

Taskmaster is by far the best "enemy" Deadpool has. They play off each perfectly. It's a real shame he can't be used.

9 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Taskmaster is primarily S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA (he mentored Crossbones), so we don't need him.

I definitely saw a reference to 

Hide contents

Bob, Agent of HYDRA, but without the HYDRA.

Taskmaster is by far the best "enemy" Deadpool has. They play off each perfectly. It's a real shame he can't be used.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Watching the Independence Day: resurgence trailer and I feel they should have gone for a black actor who is at a similar career trajectory as Will Smith was when the original was released, well acclaimed and just waiting for that one breakthrough role. Michael B Jordan would be the obvious candidate, but someone like a Donald Glover might have fit better. I am sure the person they cast will do well, but it was a combination of Will Smith and his growing fanbase that contributed a bit as well.

Donald Glover as an alien fighting action hero?

I'd pay to see that no matter how bad it is. 

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Michael B. Jordan was in talks but they fell through. 

32 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Superhero movies are here to stay.

It's now a timeless genre like sci fi, romance, or fantasy.

They might cut back every few years but there will be at least two or three every year...

...till the end of time. :apocalypse:

There are dozens of hater gnashing their teeth right now at the prospects of even MORE CBMs being released. This was supposed to be the year they were finally right. Deadpool is breaking their narrative.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Because the over used theme of superman vs batman is so great?

First time it was good then got very old with how many times they did this idea.

Even a old man batman beat superman.  We all know how this movie is going to end with batman winning yet again. 

Do you forget how much Batman films have grossed in the past?  They have set the opening weekend record three or four times.  This is not an old Batman, this is the new Batman with Superman, something many many people want to see.  

23 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Because the over used theme of superman vs batman is so great?

First time it was good then got very old with how many times they did this idea.

Even a old man batman beat superman.  We all know how this movie is going to end with batman winning yet again. 

There has never been a Batman/Superman film. The general audience are not comic fans.

Seen it twice already and it deserves all the monies!! It's the funniest movie since the Hangover (funnier IMO because it fits my dark humor). 

How off was everyone's weekend prediction? Mine was $84 million so it hit that and then some in 2 days lolol

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 3