WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Would anyone actually be shocked if this did low-$30M today after those preview numbers? Obviously the audience for this is much more limited than the traditional comic book film. Not that any of that matters since this will be in the black by the end of the weekend.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Conflicting reports, this is fun.

Even 50 Shades did 22M on true Friday, Deadpool should match that at least I guess with a 34.5M Friday.

I expect the numbers to increase with night shows, but I don't expect a bump on Saturday as the family audience won't be going for it.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Best Case Scenario:

Friday: 42M

Saturday: 33M

Sunday: 34M

3 day: 109M

Worst Case Scenario:

Friday: 33M

Saturday: 21M

Sunday: 21M

3 day: 75M

I'd say a GotG or Winter Soldier is a happy medium and reasonable goal line.

So around 95 m for the 3-day.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Would anyone actually be shocked if this did low-$30M today after those preview numbers? Obviously the audience for this is much more limited than the traditional comic book film. Not that any of that matters since this will be in the black by the end of the weekend.

There's a few people in some of the Deadpool clubs that think there is no way it is frontloaded and actually can't think of one reason why it would be ;) 

mind you, I am not saying it will be frontloaded, but obviously there is that possibility

Edited by 75live

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

We have a new theme option we're introducing. It's called "Movie Background" -- the backgrounds will change through the year, based on cool upcoming releases. It's active now, so if you'd like to change from the default, go to the bottom of your forum page and select "Themes" in the bottom left.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sunday is Valentine's day, if it wasn't it would be dropping more than 10% on Sunday. It's probably staying flat.

"Probably" isn't worst case scenario, and in any case, I think you could argue that this may not be the sort of movie that takes full advantage of Valentine's Day.

They might compare it to other Comic movies and Deadpool will obviously be weaker in the day, but should be cruising in the evening.
Way too early, but to me, this looks like more that "only" 20m on friday.

Also, with that thursday number, KFP3 might win the silver medal this weekend. Let's hope for 25m+ with absolutely no competition.

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

We have a new theme option we're introducing. It's called "Movie Background" -- the backgrounds will change through the year, based on cool upcoming releases. It's active now, so if you'd like to change from the default, go to the bottom of your forum page and select "Themes" in the bottom left.

@Jack Nevada will have a heart attack if he changes the background.

What about a dueling Batman-Superman background in March, users can choose either one.

Also, for the next background, may I humbly suggest

pgVKmFC.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

I hope some of the choices end up being some of the most random things possible like Pete's Dragon remake or non-franchise titles like The Girl on the Train.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Cool buuuuuut I don't think the current image meshes well. It's weird having a gun on one side and nothing on the other.

• Like 1

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Will you take requests?