WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Hidden Content

I can stan for that just to see the reactions online if it happened :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Whole Deadpool trilogy confirmed now I bet. Fox is probably pleased considering the marketing budget heh.

Doesn't even take a hit to get a trilogy these days, with these numbers they've got a yearly sextilogy locked in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So I'll just say...lower your expectations on Knight Of Cups....like a lot because I would recommend that movie to no one.

And if you are going for Natalie Portman, you are going to be disappointed.

Lmao, I am not seeing the new Terrence Malick film just for Natalie Portman. I'm not so shallow. :lol:

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Yikes, I don't know how someone can say they thought Zealander 2 was hilarious. It was really, really bad. I mean I almost walked out bad. I never do that with movies but now that I have Movie Pass I frankly won't feel bad just leaving if I don't like something. This time, I figured oh well, I will stay, I liked the first so whatever. But it never got any better. It was just incredibly shitty throughout. The highlight was the very first scene, basically, and it never got any better than that. 

The audience laughed more during the trailers (which were also horrible, so no idea what they were laughing about; Neighbors 2 looks so horrid), then during the movie there was scattered laughter here and there, but a lot of flat-out duds where the entire auditorium was silent after a joke. It was... awkward. 

Well, I never found the original Zoolander funny, so maybe that's it. I laughed dozens of times, it was really consistently funny. In Deadpool, there were several sections where I just stopped laughing and when there was finally a decent joke I would be like, "damn, I forgot I'm meant to be laughing"

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Really disappointed you didn't say that anyone who let their girlfriends drag them to How to Be Single over Deadpool is gay, tbh. 

We've chosen Deadpool as our Valentine's date movie over How to Be Single. Hehe.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing How to Be Single (love the cast) but the chances of getting around to it are slim at best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Really disappointed you didn't say that anyone who let their girlfriends drag them to How to Be Single over Deadpool is gay, tbh. 

Meh, the trailer is funnier than I thought it would be. I would never let myself get dragged to a movie I thought had no potential. That movie is just one I would never see by myself, I mean... it's not my film. Not directed at me, clearly. But hopefully it'll be funny; it can't be worse than Zoolander 2, so there's that.

I guess it's a good order to see these 3 movies, the piece of shit Zoolander 2 first, then the hopefully less crappy but still potentially pretty crappy How To Be Single, and then the hopefully amazing Deadpool. I'm so jealous of everyone seeing Deadpool. If it's really as good as people are saying, I may use Movie Pass for the first screening then go back later for IMAX. We'll see, I mean, an extra $18.10 for IMAX is rough but... if it's a great movie.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

We discussed this earlier, still no.

Also, this is the first I've heard about F7 having an effect on AOU.

Okay, was just wondering. In the AOU threads I remember that point being brought up (I believe on Friday night when the expected numbers kept falling.).

Summer wasn't supposed to really start until AOU and then Furious 7 broke out in a huge way. 

I also still think BvS will be fine (as long as the reviews are okay) because there isn't much else until it.  I'm interested in 10 Cloverfield Lane but I don't see that being a huge hit. That's about it until BvS.

I predict that Jungle Book could be the next big unexpected breakout if the reviews are glowing but that is after the fact..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Doesn't even take a hit to get a trilogy these days, with these numbers they've got a yearly sextilogy locked in

Have you seen the movie Chewy?

How much Chefs did you gave it? I have read somewhere Jack gave it a stunning 10/10 Chefs.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The 2nd trailer got a pretty weak reaction online. It seemed like most ignored it. View count isn't high on Youtube. Yeah, I am thinking 60/200 or something like that.

60/220

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Okay, was just wondering. In the AOU threads I remember that point being brought up (I believe on Friday night when the expected numbers kept falling.).

Summer wasn't supposed to really start until AOU and then Furious 7 broke out in a huge way. 

I also still think BvS will be fine (as long as the reviews are okay) because there isn't much else until it.  I'm interested in 10 Cloverfield Lane but I don't see that being a huge hit. That's about it until BvS.

I predict that Jungle Book could be the next big unexpected breakout if the reviews are glowing but that is after the fact..

The next unexpected breakout is coming in 3 weeks :) 

I thought it was funny when

Ariana Grande got called a basic bitch.

I mean, that was a win for me. I laughed. I also thought Will Ferrell had some funny moments. I chuckled here and there but I mostly cringed and I was also just bored. I felt like I didn't want to be there watching the movie. Maybe copious amounts of alcohol would have helped but I'd have to say probably a D to me. 1 star out of 4 territory. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Have you seen the movie Chewy?

How much Chefs did you gave it? I have read somewhere Jack gave it a stunning 10/10 Chefs.

Nah, I'll see it eventually but probably not in theaters. Not my cup o tea

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The movie's out and we're in the "everyone discuss it for a week" phase and I still couldn't tell you the name of the guy who directed Deadpool

An overpaid tool. 

:ph34r:

Spoiler

(only the people who saw Deadpool will understand this one) 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Lmao, I am not seeing the new Terrence Malick film just for Natalie Portman. I'm not so shallow. :lol:

That's far from the only reason I watched it. The reviews aren't lying, the only good thing about it was the cinematography. It's more like an extended commercial then anything. Funny you use the word shallow because I thought it was completely lacking depth.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

The movie's out and we're in the "everyone discuss it for a week" phase and I still couldn't tell you the name of the guy who directed Deadpool

Oh, I think you mean The Affordable (White, Male) FX Artist/Gaffer/Best Boy Who'll Do What We Say. 

• Like 1