GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I really liked TFA when it first came out, but man it is incredibly overrated fluff now. In fact, I kinda of dislike the film as is. It's basically a cobbled together mess of Star Wars Episodes 4-6, I DON'T get why so many people consider it a 'great film.' It's vastly inferior to the Original Star Wars trilogy including Return of the Jedi. TFA is a retread. Nothing more, nothing less. At least Abrams could've given credit to the numerous authors he ripped off from Star Wars EU. What a freaking joke.

The expiration date on this troll bait is DEC 2015. Please dispose of immediately. It is not fit for human or animal consumption.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Do you see what you have done though? The last 4 pages of this thread are pretty much people attacking one another and the franchises they like.

In fairness this seems to happen in most daily/weekend threads especially closer to a major franchise/CMB/SH release.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I really liked TFA when it first came out, but man it is incredibly overrated fluff now. In fact, I kinda of dislike the film as is. It's basically a cobbled together mess of Star Wars Episodes 4-6, I DON'T get why so many people consider it a 'great film.' It's vastly inferior to the Original Star Wars trilogy including Return of the Jedi. TFA is a retread. Nothing more, nothing less. At least Abrams could've given credit to the numerous authors he ripped off from Star Wars EU. What a freaking joke.

Should be any day now that the internet turns on Deadpool....

Happens with every well liked movie. Great out of the gate then tons of "well...looking back on it, totally overrated!"

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

In fairness this seems to happen in most daily/weekend threads especially closer to a major franchise/CMB/SH release.

Yup basically every other month is going to have a fanboy war.

BvS

Civil War

X-men Apocalypse

Suicide Squad

Dr. Strange

Rogue One

But can you guys list 10 movies from 2016 that will be fun to debate outside the above films?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

XbpA4kn.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yup basically every other month is going to have a fanboy war.

BvS

Civil War

X-men Apocalypse

Suicide Squad

Dr. Strange

Rogue One

But can you guys list 10 movies from 2016 that will be fun to debate outside the above films?

God's Not Dead 2

Mother's Day

Warcraft

The Legend of Tarzan

Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates

Nine Lives

Ben-Hur

Masterminds

Underworld 5

Ouija 2

latest?cb=20140701025621

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

God's Not Dead 2

Mother's Day

Warcraft

The Legend of Tarzan

Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates

Nine Lives

Ben-Hur

Masterminds

Underworld 5

Ouija 2

The inevitable Shay defense of GODS OF EGYPT is something to look forward to.

• Like 2