GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This site's infatuation with Nolan mildly creeps me out from time to time. I can't imagine what his reaction would be if he ever came to visit this site. He'd probably laugh and say, "all of you need to get a job." lol.

Why is this your go to response lately about "getting a job?" I've seen this multiple times now. He'd probably be happy people are talking about his movies regardless of their feelings on it just like any artist.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Why is this your go to response lately about "getting a job?" I've seen this multiple times now. He'd probably be happy people are talking about his movies regardless of their feelings on it just like any artist.

Because I've seen enough repetitive arguments about Star Wars and Avatar to feel like I'm trapped in Groundhog Day with a bunch of people who have way too much time on their hands to get into really serious arguments over something so trivial that it becomes silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Because I've seen enough repetitive arguments about Star Wars and Avatar to feel like I'm trapped in Groundhog Day with a bunch of people who have way too much time on their hands to get into really serious arguments over something so trivial that it becomes silly.

Passionate fans spending their time getting into arguments about their favorite films on a movie discussion site?! NO WAY.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

What's wrong with saying TDKR sucked when @WrathOfHan made the comparison a few pages back? It's just an opinion man that some of us share. We know plenty of people disagree.

What's wrong with saying TDKR sucked in a 2016 weekend box office thread? One movie is being played this weekend and the other hasn't been in theaters for about 4 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #ED said:

What's wrong with saying TDKR sucked in a 2016 weekend box office thread? One movie is being played this weekend and the other hasn't been in theaters for about 4 years. 

You're right Ed, we need a re-release

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #ED said:

It was a joke since you're a big Nolanite, relax man.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Passionate fans spending their time getting into arguments about their favorite films on a movie discussion site?! NO WAY.

Yeah, but it always ends up being the same people having the. same. exact. arguments. over and over and over and over again, then I just don't even bother posting much. Like, I'm not here to be a spectator to the ongoing wars between fanboys of different properties who get into unnecessarily heated disputes that end up seeping into every single thread, and some of these even occur when I'm browsing at like noon during the week from people, most of the time, are on US time. I'd rather find other things to do on the side in that case.

But my point was originally that Nolan always gets dragged into everything. I'm pretty sure he's known that people all over the world enjoy his movies ever since, like, Batman Begins. lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

Speaking of HF, is the news he is officially returning for BR 2 old news? Just heard myself.

Official news that he was returning was announced last February. There were reports that he was returning before that time, though.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, but it always ends up being the same people having the. same. exact. arguments. over and over and over and over again, then I just don't even bother posting much. Like, I'm not here to be a spectator to the ongoing wars between fanboys of different properties who get into unnecessarily heated disputes that end up seeping into every single thread, and some of these even occur when I'm browsing at like noon during the week from people, most of the time, are on US time. I'd rather find other things to do on the side in that case.

But my point was originally that Nolan always gets dragged into everything. I'm pretty sure he's known that people all over the world enjoy his movies ever since, like, Batman Begins. lol.

Fair enough, but you also know what to expect on here by now relating to Nolan, DC, Marvel, HP, SW, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Fair enough, but you also know what to expect on here by now relating to Nolan, DC, Marvel, HP, SW, etc.

Of course. I just wish most of them wouldn't dissolve into petty arguments that clearly stem from insecurity from both sides. I get this site has a very young user base compared to others, but...

• Like 1

I really liked TFA when it first came out, but man it is incredibly overrated fluff now. In fact, I kinda of dislike the film as is. It's basically a cobbled together mess of Star Wars Episodes 4-6, I DON'T get why so many people consider it a 'great film.' It's vastly inferior to the Original Star Wars trilogy including Return of the Jedi. TFA is a retread. Nothing more, nothing less. At least Abrams could've given credit to the numerous authors he ripped off from Star Wars EU. What a freaking joke.

• Like 1