GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

What? Steak is good. It depends where you get it too like a grocery store like Jay C's or Kroger they have good steak. Texas Roadhouse, Outback Steakhouse, and Longhorn Steakhouse have really good steak. While a grocery store like Marsh and a restaurant like Lone Star are just eh. 

*shrug* I've had good steaks, but it's rarely been a food I've had a particularly craving for.

In fact, even the best steaks I've had haven't compared to the awesomeness that is spam musubi.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is anyone actually thinking Deadpool wont increase more than 50% tomorrow? Its locked to do so.

I think it'll be something like 40-45%. Hard to tell since it's not like other superhero juggernauts with its R rating and this is only its second weekend.

• Like 1

Deadpool is the perfect Deadpool movie.

But if you don't like Deadpool's irreverent and r-rated looney tunes humor, it won't matter how perfect the depiction of Deadpool is. 

It's like an NPR fan not enjoying Howard Stern. It's not that it's poor quality, it's that the the NPR fan isn't the target audience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

DC announced a Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad comic for release this summer yesterday. And a paperback of all of Batman and Supermans famous fights was released last month. Movies dictate comics now.

What sells sells.

Some post-PD-scenarioas for Deadpool:

Like Daredevil: $76m
Like Constantine: $62m
Like Ghostrider: $76m

Like Jumper: $68m

Like Friday 13th: $60m
Like Wolfman: $53m
Like Unknown: $67m
Like I am #4: $74m
Like Ghost Rider 2: $73m
Like Die Hard 5: $60m
Like Robocop:  $66m
Like Kingsman: $64m

The numbers for Deadpool throughout the week have been outstanding

A normal drop would be about 55-60%, especially coming off an inflated Sunday.

I guess if you think it will perform like 300, then it will go up by less than 30% but if it performs like American Sniper, it will go up 55-60%.

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

The numbers for Deadpool throughout the week have been outstanding

A normal drop would be about 55-60%, especially coming off an inflated Sunday.

I guess if you think it will perform like 300, then it will go up by less than 30% but if it performs like American Sniper, it will go up 55-60%.

To be fair, American Sniper probably had a much stronger audience in the senior demographic (aka the Tele crowd) that would show up on a free Saturday or Sunday afternoon than something like Deadpool does.

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Deadpool is the perfect Deadpool movie.

But if you don't like Deadpool's irreverent and r-rated looney tunes humor, it won't matter how perfect the depiction of Deadpool is. 

It's like an NPR fan not enjoying Howard Stern. It's not that it's poor quality, it's that the the NPR fan isn't the target audience.

Some people use the same logic for animated movies. 

Kids liked it, so it must be good, right? wrong.

A good movie would please people from different demographics, not just the target audience.

9 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

God and Satan are neck and neck. Risen will have a big Sunday hold and win this one.

I remember Passion got taken out by Dawn of the dead  after a few weekends but it it came back to #1 easter weekend and beat out Hellboy.

Little known fact: God is a huuuuge box office nerd.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goffe said:

A good movie would please people from different demographics, not just the target audience.

That's ridiculous.  No film is going to please everyone.  There are people who don't like Pixar films and Guardians of the Galaxy.

You and Futurist, doing your best to feebly hold on to some ridiculous thread of hope that somehow this film won't do well....I think you're a little late.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

That's like saying Guns and Roses' Appetite for Destruction isn"t a good album because church ladies don't like it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

That's ridiculous.  No film is going to please everyone.  There are people who don't like Pixar films and Guardians of the Galaxy.

You and Futurist, doing your best to feebly hold on to some ridiculous thread of hope that somehow this film won't do well....I think you're a little late.

That's because said people are:

Dark_a7110c_663259.png

Second time I've posted something related to the God Warrior in this thread. How fitting on the weekend a Jesus and a Satanic movie both open.

• Like 3