kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Naaa...it's just a lot of fun.  

I agree with everything you said. It IS fun, Salma Hayek DOES kill it, and SLJ and RR DO have great chemistry. 

They needed to spend more time on the characters and less on blowing everything up.

3 hours ago, Wrath said:

I agree with everything you said. It IS fun, Salma Hayek DOES kill it, and SLJ and RR DO have great chemistry. 

They needed to spend more time on the characters and less on blowing everything up.

Fair enough.  I disagree but I understand what you mean.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wrath said:

It was made by Millennium Films, the same producers of the Has Fallen films and The Expendables films, plots and characters is secondary!

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It was made by Millennium Films, the same producers of the Has Fallen films and The Expendables films, plots and characters is secondary!

But that's not with this movie.  The plot was front and centre and the chase scenes were secondary.

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

I've heard that the green screen looks like shit in this film.  If so it'd fit in nicely with Olympus Has Fallen when it comes to Millennium's VFX output :ph34r: 

I mean there were parts when the sunlight came through the windows very strongly but I'm 99.9% sure that was done on purpose. Other than that the action sequences and violence were really good to me. 

Will be interesting to see if this does well OS like other Millenium films have 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Wrath said:

They're trying to get this to $50M+ in China. They need to blow everything up in the movie :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

But that's not with this movie.  The plot was front and centre and the chase scenes were secondary.

The plot was wonky but TBH it works in this film and I thought the action was well done. The chase sequence in Amsterdam was great! 

• Like 2

I still can't get over the fact that critics and even some of you here are saying that this borrow heavily from Midnight Run which came out 30 years ago.  Who cares?  All we care about is were we entertained?  Did we laugh?  Did we enjoy the movie?  The answer to all of that is yes!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I still can't get over the fact that critics and even some of you here are saying that this borrow heavily from Midnight Run which came out 30 years ago.  Who cares?  All we care about is were we entertained?  Did we laugh?  Did we enjoy the movie?  The answer to all of that is yes!

That was my biggest issue with how critics were treating it. If they didn't like it that's perfectly fine. But the ones who are like "this is the same thing" and I'm like isn't every super hero movie the same thing basically? How about every remake we get? Are these same critics going to say IT sucks because we've already seen Pennywise before? 

Its one thing to not like a movie. Maybe you didn't like the execution. Didn't like the plot etc. that's fine. But its another thing to be like "It rips off a movie that came out 30 year ago."

I mean I love comic book movies but literally every single one is just one big cliche and they all borrow from each other. And the ones that stand out are just the ones that do things a bit differently. Does that mean the ones that stick to the formula are bad? No. 

Like there were critics on Twitter today who were in shock that people were actually enjoying the movie lol 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting that it wasn't planned to be an action comedy. I don't think it would have worked as well if done straight.

Ryan Reynolds and Sam Jackson pretty much improvised a lot on the set from what I've heard. 

So they just went with it. And thank god they did. 

• Like 1