kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Rumor has it when A24 tries to get Samuel L Jakcson over the phone, he never answers.

He did one:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=barelylethal.htm

Jackson do Saban film's , Mac Releasing, direct to video release, the list of people he would not answer the phone from must be quite small.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

He did one:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=barelylethal.htm

Jackson do Saban film's , Mac Releasing, direct to video release, the list of people he would not answer the phone from must be quite small.

Yup. Jackson says himself that he doesn't know how to not be working. He even got upset at his agent because he had nothing booked from like February to June and was hoping he could have done a Broadway play during that time. 

The guy likes to work. No harm in that 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Don't see this film hitting 20+mil with those sorts of reviews. I did raise my 15mil prediction to near 19mil though.

Audiences are gonna love it. Haven't seen it but I can tell it's one of those movies where critics have to get their sticks out of their asses

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Don't see this film hitting 20+mil with those sorts of reviews. I did raise my 15mil prediction to near 19mil though.

Reviews aren't going to be why this doesn't hit $20M+. It's gonna depend on whether people like it or not. I don't know if it can get to $20M+....I only have it there because I personally want a break out BUT I think $19M is a better estimate. 

I just wouldn't be shocked if it hit $20M+ 

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Audiences are gonna love it. Haven't seen it but I can tell it's one of those movies where critics have to get their sticks out of their asses

IMDB is a 7.1 with 1020 user reviews now.  For this particular movie that seems more important I think.  It may not be a movie where people rush to see it Thursday, but I think it will more than make up for it during the weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

IMDB is a 7.1 with 1020 user reviews now.  For this particular movie that seems more important I think.  It may not be a movie where people rush to see it Thursday, but I think it will more than make up for it during the weekend.

Exactly, and the type of people who would pay to go see it after the trailers aren't the type who will be turned off by "not so developed characters" or "nothing new with the plot". As long as Sam Jackson says motherfucker a few hundred times they should be good

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Is this movie being well promoted in US? I'm not seeing any marketing effort for it, but I don't live in US. It would do well if Ryan and Sam were heavily promoting it.

Promo for it went into full swing within the last week. Sam and Ryan did some promo for it but nothing extreme imo. I don't even know if there is an official premiere for it lol