grey ghost

Movies that are better than the source material.

The first thing that comes in my mind is: Fifty Shades of Gray, no, I'm not saying that it is a good movie -far from this-, but, compared to the abysmal source material, I can say that the director managed a small miracle, making, if not a enjoyable movie, at least a watchable one, thanks in a big part to the direction, that gave some classy to an extremely vulgar source material, and to Dakota, who did a good job with a unbearable character.

Another example in a lower level could be Catching Fire, the source material is already good, but the movies takes it to another level, the main problem of the book is the time that they waste with Katniss thinking in her relation with the two boys, fortunately, there's no time for it in the movie, and they also add some dialogues that we can't read in the books, that only brings good things to the narrative, which makes CF a masterpiece to be followed by any YA movie 

On 3/19/2016 at 6:33 PM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

All the Harry-Potter films

The entire Middle-Earth franchise

What? Have you read the books? It might be somewhat arguable for the LOTR trilogy (not in my and most others' opinion though. Although I still consider it to be the best film trilogy of all time with each part being around 9.5/10) but definitely not for the hobbit. The HP books too are much better than the movies (the movies are pretty good though).

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Infernus said:

What? Have you read the books? It might be somewhat arguable for the LOTR trilogy (definitely not for the hobbit one) but HP books are much better than the movies (the movies are really good though).

I have read a few HP-books and the Hobbit-book. Pretty good in their own way....but i preferred the movie-versions better. That's just my opinion.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34