Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

3 hours ago, Lothar said:

Nope. I'm watching right now through website. And @Michael Seng Wah Is keeping an eye on Maoyan app. 

Midnight right now. 994,000

OD right now. 5.20 on website

Saturday right now: 3.75M

Sunday right now: 2.22 

Yes you are right, it’s inclusive of midnight. I look at the wrong part. Here’s latest from apps.

6/12 MID: 0.88m

7/12 OD: 5m (5.9m)

8/12: 3.7m (9.6m)

9/12: 2.2m (11.8m)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How much could this have affected the numbers by? 500k or so? Will definitely be interesting to see the effects going forward.

Yesterday I was just hoping it would increase 100% to around 3.2M today since the next 2 days will see lower increases as it's the weekend. 5M is honestly crazy. 

around 60% of Aquaman's OW pre-sale are from CGV cinemas at this point(¥6.8M vs ¥11.1M).

23 hours ago, grim22 said:

From what I see on Maoyan, it is as follows 7 days out from release:

Midnight: 248.3k

OD: 1.633M

Saturday: 524k

Sunday: 468k

Since I am too lazy to search the thread, here's the first comp I found from 2 weeks ago for FB

Since it’s midnight, updating this (I’m out the next couple of days so will only get back to this Tuesday most likely)

Midnight: 887k

OD: 5.098M

Saturday: 3.742M

Sunday: 2.179M

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

around 60% of Aquaman's OW pre-sale are from CGV cinemas at this point(¥6.8M vs ¥11.1M).

Are all of the 6M blocked out? Or is it a portion of that. Should definitely be interesting to follow over the next week.

ETA: What is Human Comedy? It says it’s releasing the same day as Aquaman but there’s nothing else about it, no trailer, presales etc.

20 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman (7 days out)

Midnight - 250k

OD - 1.654m (27302 shows)

Sat - 530k

Sun - 475k

Aquaman (6 days out)

Midnight - 887k

OD - 5.10m (+208%) (43698 shows)

Sat - 3.74m

Sun - 2.18m

Generally that is a tremendous increase. And those Sat and Sun numbers are too high as a percentage of the OD to be believable. But since Gavin has explained about the blocked seats, it makes sense. For example, Aquaman's show counts are lower than what Venom had on its second day of presales and yet its Sat/Sun are much much higher.

Anyways since we don't really know what the actual numbers are supposed to be, it doesn't make much sense to compare right now. Let see how it goes over the weekend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman (6 days out)

Midnight - 887k

Sat - 3.74m

Sun - 2.18m

Generally that is a tremendous increase. And those Sat and Sun numbers are too high as a percentage of the OD to be believable. But since Gavin has explained about the blocked seats, it makes sense. For example, Aquaman's show counts are lower than what Venom had on its second day of presales and yet its Sat/Sun are much much higher.

Anyways since we don't really know what the actual numbers are supposed to be, it doesn't make much sense to compare right now. Let see how it goes over the weekend.

I think even if those numbers are off by half, Aquaman will still be ahead of JL at the same point. It’s definitely doing well in sales, the question is exactly how well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think even if those numbers are off by half, Aquaman will still be ahead of JL at the same point. It’s definitely doing well in sales, the question is exactly how well.

True and True. Which is why I stayed away from comparisons at this point since we dont know what the actual numbers would have been. At any rate even if the seats sold count is skewed the actual shows allotted count is still real. And it is doing quite well there at least. It is definitely gonna have more shows in the end than JL. However that has been the norm for all SH movies released this year. Show counts have continued to increase throughout the year.

Btw I also checked some Aquaman shows in some CGV theatres and it does look like entire blocks of seats are blocked out in some theatres during some shows. Sometimes it happens here in India too where certain rows would be completely blocked for no apparent reason (and no they are not actually booked by some large party or something, because when I go to the shows, the rows are empty)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Are all of the 6M blocked out? Or is it a portion of that. Should definitely be interesting to follow over the next week.

ETA: What is Human Comedy? It says it’s releasing the same day as Aquaman but there’s nothing else about it, no trailer, presales etc.

¥6.8M were counted in it.

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Current pre-sale numbers for Aquaman are not accurate. CGV cinemas has locked many seats of Aquaman's opening weekend in the past 12 hours for unclear reason. Those tickets were actually not sold out yet but Maoyan box office system already counted those money(71 out of 80 hottest theaters are from CGV on Dec.7). It will cause the increasing in the next few days to be slower than usual. Still need more time to observe it.

Is it fixed now? Because Aquaman is at 4.75m OD now.

16 hours ago, grim22 said:

How much could this have affected the numbers by? 500k or so? Will definitely be interesting to see the effects going forward.

Yesterday I was just hoping it would increase 100% to around 3.2M today since the next 2 days will see lower increases as it's the weekend. 5M is honestly crazy. 

3.2m up 100% would have been the norm and looks like what it should have been.  Its going to increase about 1.6m today, a 50% increase from that number, again about normal.

3.2m increasing 50% daily on this late start and finishing up 80% on thursday = 44m PS   150m OD  490m/$70m OW.  Thats about where Vm was thought to open early on.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 9:44 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Aquaman (6 days out)

Midnight - 887k

Sat - 3.74m

Sun - 2.18m

Aquaman (5 days out)

Midnight - 1.09m

OD - 6.56m (+28.6%) (49851 shows)

Sat - 4.66m

Sun - 3.60m

Muted increase as expected. We may see another day of muted increase tomorrow again perhaps to account for the inflated numbers. The show count increase was also very small. Running far behind Venom at same point on both counts. 

It also looks like Sunday numbers got inflated again. It increased as much as the OD numbers which never happens. Sat and midnight number seems fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So is it selling good or not? I am so confused...

It's selling well, but we don't know how well. Could be 60M weekend well or much higher. We will know once Monday and Tuesday increases get here. The absolute increase it saw today for OD, almost 1.5M is double the absolute increase JL saw at the same time of 750k 

Sunday increases are much lower due to the weekend, which is why we need to wait to Tuesday to get the full picture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Olive said:

with the help of Christmas and NY holiday, Aquaman has best release date for HLW movies

if it has a good rating and can hold the shows.

Coco faced 3-4 releases the last two weekends of the year that took 80% of shows, but with with a great rating and high PTA it it kept getting shows back after the OD

Aq on track to gain 2m today +30% to 8.5m.  That would be a 45% gain when removing the block of tickets bought.  Still on track for $65-70m OW

Looking for a 2.8m gain tomorrow which would be up over 50% sans block.  Up 33% off of today's eventual total of 8.5m

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3