Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

11 minutes ago, luiz.bonfim.334 said:

I wanted to know the total box office.

Acredito que aquele número seja o total em Yuan (Moeda da China), que o filme acumulou incluindo as pré-vendas. Total dos dias que já passaram é 720M (~107M U$) de acordo com Charlie.

English:

I believe that number is the total in Yuan (china currency), that the movie has grossed including pre-sales. The days that have actually passed had a total of 720M (~107M U$) according to @Charlie Jatinder

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by ThiagoMaia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Acredito que aquele número seja o total em Yuan (Moeda da China), que o filme acumulou incluindo as pré-vendas. Total dos dias que já passaram é 720M (~107M U$) de acordo com Charlie.

English:

I believe that number is the total in Yuan (china currency), that the movie has grossed including pre-sales. The days that have actually passed had a total of 720M (~107M U$) according to @Charlie Jatinder

Valeu Thiago.

1 hour ago, ThiagoMaia said:

English:

8 minutes ago, luiz.bonfim.334 said:

Valeu Thiago.

Eu percebi que algo soa familiar. Infelizmente, só estive em Portugal uma vez, esquecendo quase tudo.

I never looked into that particular app, but sometimes people forget that pre-sales are sometimes not for the OW, but for a screening a week or two into a movies's run.

pre-sale = part of e.g. OD

people who buy a ticket for e.g. OD as a walk-up

= OD

Other pre-sales... spread over different days

On 4/23/2019 at 9:53 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Detective Pikachu (16 days out)

Midnight - 3.6k 

OD - 130k (+141%)  (4971 shows)

Sat - 50.4k

Sun - 40.3k

As I said yesterday gonna be a slow week for PS most likely. 

Detective Pikachu (15 days out)

Midnight - 40.5k

OD - 478k (+267%)  (8265 shows)

Sat - 150.8k

Sun - 155.1k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m not really familiar with China box office. Is this a decent start ?

For this far out and this few showings, it's fine. Saturday might be lagging a little relatively. Most movies won't start with decent presales until 7 days out, and with Endgame dominating at the moment, it's no surprise this is still a little muted.

EDIT: Bare in mind these are all in Yuan by the way, divide by 6.7 to get rough USD.

Edited by Stewart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stewart said:

For this far out and this few showings, it's fine. Saturday might be lagging a little relatively. Most movies won't start with decent presales until 7 days out, and with Endgame dominating at the moment, it's no surprise this is still a little muted.

Oh okay thanks. I guess midnight won’t be as high like CBM. Cus it’s a family movie

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Oh okay thanks. I guess midnight won’t be as high like CBM. Cus it’s a family movie

Correct, midnights won't be very big. Also edited my original to say these are all in ¥uan not U$D

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m not really familiar with China box office. Is this a decent start ?

It is a slow start but not necessarily due to lack of demand or anything but due to the fact that very few shows have been allocated till now. Most movies I have tracked get a lot more shows allocated on first real day of PS than this one has with 3 days now. 

This is probably due to the fact that its PS run has started quite early and also because most theatres and people are busy with Endgame. So as I said lets wait for this week to get over before we get a real idea on how its doing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

It is a slow start but not necessarily due to lack of demand or anything but due to the fact that very few shows have been allocated till now. Most movies I have tracked get a lot more shows allocated on first real day of PS than this one has with 3 days now. 

This is probably due to the fact that its PS run has started quite early and also because most theatres and people are busy with Endgame. So as I said lets wait for this week to get over before we get a real idea on how its doing. 

What are the expectations for OW is movie highly expected in China ?

the only thing I know Is Maoyan wanted to see is much higher than Aladdin 

15 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

What are the expectations for OW is movie highly expected in China ?

the only thing I know Is Maoyan wanted to see is much higher than Aladdin 

Gavin said the movie is much anticioated in China and should do big numbers. The Maoyan WTS numbers are good too. 

As for OW expectations, its too early to say based on presales right now. I dont knoe what fans expectations are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Gavin said the movie is much anticioated in China and should do big numbers. The Maoyan WTS numbers are good too. 

As for OW expectations, its too early to say based on presales right now. I dont knoe what fans expectations are. 

Okay thanks. Looking forward to seeing the updates in next 15 days 

I appreciate you’re work bro 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Is the site that lets you check the China pre sales crashed for anyone or just me for past 12 hours lol

Just you. We were tracking Endgame through a few hours ago. Haven't looked at it in a bit since it's about 3am there.