Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

21 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Detective Pikachu (12 days out)

Midnight - 136k

OD - 1.11m (+16.8%)  (13409 shows)

Sat - 480k

Sun - 340k

Detective Pikachu (11 days out)

Midnight - 149k

OD - 1.35m (+21.6%)  (16316 shows)

Sat - 489k

Sun - 345k

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

So now that it’s Monday in China. Next 11 days is crucial for growth I guess

Actually it's the last 4 days (From Monday onwards of the week of release) that is the most crucial and makes most of the gross in its PS. Most of the movies makes anywhere from 15-25% of their final PS in the days before Monday and then 75% to 85% or even more in those last 4 days. 

The reason why I am looking forward to PS from this Monday, 11 days, onwards is my theory that Endgame is causing the relatively smaller PS 11 days out compared to some other movies. Beyond that there is no significance 11 days out. It's the last 4 days that are most important. 

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Actually it's the last 4 days (From Monday onwards of the week of release) that is the most crucial and makes most of the gross in its PS. Most of the movies makes anywhere from 15-25% of their final PS in the days before Monday and then 75% to 85% or even more in those last 4 days. 

The reason why I am looking forward to PS from this Monday, 11 days, onwards is my theory that Endgame is causing the relatively smaller PS 11 days out compared to some other movies. Beyond that there is no significance 11 days out. It's the last 4 days that are most important. 

Oh okay that’s make sense. I guess detective pikachu still has some time. 

Reviewe drop may 7th. So it could help if it gets good reviews 

Also do cbm movies usually have higher pre sales than G rated family movies in China 

Or 

both are the same level of pre sales 

On 4/28/2019 at 10:11 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Detective Pikachu (11 days out)

Midnight - 149k

OD - 1.35m (+21.6%)  (16316 shows)

Sat - 489k

Sun - 345k

Detective Pikachu (10 days out)

Midnight - 168k

OD - 1.5m (+11.11%)  (18579 shows)

Sat - 489k

Sun - 345k

Hmm I dont know if it is a glitch or not but Sat/Sun PS did not move whatsoever from yesterday. But then again OD and Midnight PS moved so it must not have been a glitch? I think the likely reason is that no new Sat/Sun shows have been added and people are waiting for the new shows.

OD PS of some other movies

MI6             - 4.76 (36296 shows) (Final PS 48.69)

Bumblebee - 3.10 (41354 shows) (Final PS 27?)

SMH            - 1.857 (Final PS 36)

Alita             - 1.20 (13901 shows) (Final PS 33.5)

At this point I don't see the final PS exceeding high 20's to mid 30's. But it is still too early so I could be wrong. I thought Monday onwards PS would pop but nothing so far due to no significant increase in show count. Maybe the holidays and Endgame is still sucking all the attention. In which case we would see big increases over the last 4-5 days. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Detective Pikachu (10 days out)

Midnight - 168k

OD - 1.5m (+11.11%)  (18579 shows)

Sat - 489k

Sun - 345k

Hmm I dont know if it is a glitch or not but Sat/Sun PS did not move whatsoever from yesterday. But then again OD and Midnight PS moved so it must not have been a glitch? I think the likely reason is that no new Sat/Sun shows have been added and people are waiting for the new shows.

OD PS of some other movies

MI6             - 4.76 (36296 shows) (Final PS 48.69)

Bumblebee - 3.10 (41354 shows) (Final PS 27?)

SMH            - 1.857 (Final PS 36)

Alita             - 1.20 (13901 shows) (Final PS 33.5)

At this point I don't see the final PS exceeding high 20's to mid 30's. But it is still too early so I could be wrong. I thought Monday onwards PS would pop but nothing so far due to no significant increase in show count. Maybe the holidays and Endgame is still sucking all the attention. In which case we would see big increases over the last 4-5 days. 

The next predecessor a Chinese movie that had over 300 000 wanted see on maoyan is releasing Labor Day. Which is tomorrow in China 

could be effecting it. But yeah last 4 days is most important 

what movies do you think is best comparisons? 

12 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

The next predecessor a Chinese movie that had over 300 000 wanted see on maoyan is releasing Labor Day. Which is tomorrow in China 

could be effecting it. But yeah last 4 days is most important 

what movies do you think is best comparisons? 

The bottom three of my list above perhaps, but only a guess.

Also the movie Next has abysmal OD presales. It's PS for Wednesday (OD) is at 4.84m right now whereas Endgame is 98m on the same day. So rest assured this movie is having no effect on DP whatsoever. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The bottom three of my list above perhaps, but only a guess.

Also the movie Next has abysmal OD presales. It's PS for Wednesday (OD) is at 4.84m right now whereas Endgame is 98m on the same day. So rest assured this movie is having no effect on DP whatsoever. 

Yeah bumblebee probably seems like the most likely comparison 

57 million usd OW and 157 million total. Would be good for movie. 

Could do opening when critic reviews come out next Tuesday 

Next week is big for the movie 

5 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

China has seen a rather large shift to Presales in the last couple of years. Are Ragnarok and JL really meaningful comps?

Thor rangnok released 18 months ago. Only 3 before black panther and people were using black panther as comparison to captain marvel 

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Wasn’t that because China hated black panther ?

also black panther releases few weeks after the other countries. The WOM help drive pre sales in crazy amount 

It had middling reception. 8.5 or 8.4. Shazam was hated. Not BP which was mediocre. Thor and JL are simply not good comparisons any way you slice. 

45 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Yeah bumblebee probably seems like the most likely comparison 

57 million usd OW and 157 million total. Would be good for movie. 

Could do opening when critic reviews come out next Tuesday 

Next week is big for the movie 

Don't think the multiplier will be as high for Detective Pikachu. Bumblebee had no serious competition until its 6th weekend, which helped a lot with screen retention and legs. 

Just now, KP1025 said:

Don't think the multiplier will be as high for Detective Pikachu. Bumblebee had no serious competition until its 6th weekend, which helped a lot with screen retention and legs. 

That’s true. I didn’t know

i don’t think John wick 3 or Aladdin have much buzz tho going by the maoyan wanted see

john wick 3 is 936 wanted to see 

aladdin at 9913 wanted see with 24 days left 

godzilla tho will be massive tho 3 weeks after 

i think detective pikachu has chance to open a bit  bigger than bumble bee depending on next week and the reviews