K1stpierre

Weekend actuals BVS 51.34M, Zootopia 19.33M, MBFGW 11.22M, MFH 7.26M, GND2 7.62M

Great to see BvS get its production budget back so soon with domestic b.o.

I always have had this thought that this is the first goal of any film to be considered profitable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My bio teacher found me after school and, well, he didn't really like BvS.

Tell him about the alternate edition that will blow his mind and enlighten him to have a complete turnaround opinion.

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

DERBY UPDATE:   (ERROR ALERT) - 45 players this week, 78.169 average.   Two new players: HowardBeale and Cookie.   Welcome!!!  Two out of three new players returned from last week.  M37 (made the top 10) and tong kosong.  Yay!!  And Digoron showed up to play for the third time.  If God’s Not Dead 2 made 10.0 this weekend, the average for 45 players would be 81.126.  Almost 3% up!

I think Wonka did best with newcomers with about a 90% average between the two.  BoxofficeZ predicted 8.2 for God’s Not Dead 2. 

Top 16

TalismanRing

No Prisoners

Simionski

M37

Matrix4You

Exxdee

Bozly

Kayumanggi

Dipper

Digoron

BoxOfficeZ

Bates

MCKillswitch123

Wonka

PanaMovie

Cjohn

And newcomer Cookie with 79.560

Where is Tower? I may have saved my ass in the Tournament. 

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That sounds ominous.  Did you recommend it to him?  Was he out for blood?

Nah he saw me working as he was going into the movie so I guess he just kinda remembered.

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

Tell him about the alternate edition that will blow his mind and enlighten him to have a complete turnaround opinion.

Also explain to him that his no doubt advanced age (older than 17) is the reason he didn't like it.  The film's brilliance and it's myriad of levels was too much for his mind to comprehend without the extra scenes.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I always have had this thought that this is the first goal of any film to be considered profitable.

That's a very low bar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

That's a very low bar.

Not for an international release. This thing makes only profit from here on out to the end of time.

And it will have a long run.

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Also explain to him that his no doubt advanced age (older than 17) is the reason he didn't like it.  The film's brilliance and it's myriad of levels was too much for his mind to comprehend without the extra scenes.

Tis true. Don't shoot the messenger.

21 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Technically it didn't get anything back since the theaters take 50%. It needs to make $400M domestic in order for it to truly get back its production budget in terms of the domestic box office. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SWXII said:

They haven't got the production budget back from the DOM take. They've barely gotten it back WW. Sure, they'll get it by the time the movies run is finished. 

Just now, Nova said:

Technically it didn't get anything back since the theaters take 50%. It needs to make $400M domestic in order for it to truly get back its production budget in terms of the domestic box office. 

But we are not talking just domestic anymore. It's a global economy.

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

This guy is killing me lol. I love readin these posts 

Yaasss. Unlike other posters that shall not be named, he is legit bringing joy to my life whenever I come on these boards now.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, SWXII said:

But we are not talking just domestic anymore. It's a global economy.

In your original post you stated it was great to see BvS get its production budget in its second weekend at the domestic box office. You never mentioned anything about a global box office. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yaasss. Unlike other posters that shall not be named, he is legit bringing joy to my life whenever I come on these boards now.

Someone has to act as kryptonite to your superman act.

Not the best analogy because DC is neither a Dis or Uni property. I'll work on something better.

• Like 2