kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

I am growing tired of people saying Batman v Superman should've done 10 billions dollars just because it has 3 of the most iconic superheroes. You are blinded by recent years of success in terms of SH movies. Those movies weren't successful because they had 'x' iconic superhero in them, they were successful because they were very well executed. GOTG didn't do $773M because everyone wanted to see the characters on the big screen. Same logic applies to why Batman and Robin didn't do significant numbers despite very popular characters.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it goes.. horribly wrong. You don't expect every movie about Jesus to make Passion of Christ numbers.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

List of films BVS will pass worldwide this weekend.

Monsters University
X-Men Days of Future Past
Shrek Forever After
Deadpool
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
Maleficent
Guardians of the Galaxy

I can't take people seriously when they call this a flop. You might have been expecting $1bn, but it still isn't a flop. 

I don't think anyone has seriously called it a flop. It's a big disappointment though. 

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Warner Brothers did not spend 300m on a BATMAN v SUPERMAN movie to make less WW than the last 2 solo Batman films. FACT 

Not really at all. Batman Begins made 202 million and 374 million WW and its pretty damn clear to anyone TDK was fueled by Ledgers death just like F7 was by Paul Walkers and TDKR was the last movie in the Nolan trilogy. So no i do not think its fact at all. Only to naysayers but to those that really see clearly no fact at all considering the Ledger effect for TDK and TDKR as the last in that trilogy.

40 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

List of films BVS will pass worldwide this weekend.

Monsters University
X-Men Days of Future Past
Shrek Forever After
Deadpool
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
Maleficent
Guardians of the Galaxy

I can't take people seriously when they call this a flop. You might have been expecting $1bn, but it still isn't a flop. 

31 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I agree about BvS.

Only the pessimistic people would call certain blockbusters, flops......bacause those films didn't exceed their box office expectations.

That's why i'm saying that Avengers: AOU, Spectre, BvS & the Hobbit sequels.....were not flops.

both of these salient posts amongs some of the nayayers here you know who you are ;)

10 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

I am growing tired of people saying Batman v Superman should've done 10 billions dollars just because it has 3 of the most iconic superheroes. You are blinded by recent years of success in terms of SH movies. Those movies weren't successful because they had 'x' iconic superhero in them, they were successful because they were very well executed. GOTG didn't do $773M because everyone wanted to see the characters on the big screen. Same logic applies to why Batman and Robin didn't do significant numbers despite very popular characters.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it goes.. horribly wrong. You don't expect every movie about Jesus to make Passion of Christ numbers.

This!

Some of the rooting interests of certain folks here, you know who you are har har, resemble that of a person following a religion or blindly following a particular politician. If BvS was doing much better I wouldn't come around here trying to convince people it was actually doing poorly. Hell, even if I was a donk and felt that personally, I wouldn't do it. 

Edited by tonytr87
expanding
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Make it happen WB and I'll watch it 15 times like I did Jurassic World. 

Green-Lantern-Green-Arrow.jpg

That'd be so awesome. Plus if WB wants their deep and gritty comic book movie, that's it, right there. In fact, I'd love to see them make an animated Gl / GA movie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

It is amazing that 300/900 grossing film is considered a disappoint but such is the way of the world.

Original film with $150M production budget that grosses 300/900 > success.

Franchise movie with iconic characters and a $250M production budget that grosses 300/900 > disappointment.

Hypothetic huge franchise movie with a $350M production budget that grosses 300/900 > flop.

Capish ?

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think people realize failing to meet expectations is an actually term for studios or for companies.

BvS did not meet three expectations.

1. Critical

2. Audience

3. Box Office.

Critical? That's proven.

2 and 3 are both debatable. Not going further with this conversation though. It's a matter of opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

The point is that had BvS been executed similarly to the movies you've listed, it should have made a billion dollars because it has three of the most iconic superheroes ever. Films like GOTG didn't get to a billion because the characters in them weren't well known but they were so well executed that their legs got them to their final gross. BvS had the well known characters but had poor execution hence a disappointing box office run. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

The point is that had BvS been executed similarly to the movies you've listed, it should have made a billion dollars because it has three of the most iconic superheroes ever. Films like GOTG didn't get to a billion because the characters in them weren't well known but they were so well executed that their legs got them to their final gross. BvS had the well known characters but had poor execution hence a disappointing box office run. 

Don't get me wrong I am not saying BvS shouldn't have made more, it's just that some people are running around waving doom and gloom because they had expectations that were far bigger than even WB's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, #ED said:

Critical? That's proven.

2 and 3 are both debatable. Not going further with this conversation though. It's a matter of opinion.

As time goes on I think point 2 and 3 will prove themselves anyways lol 

1 minute ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Don't get me wrong I am not saying BvS shouldn't have made more, it's just that some people are running around waving doom and gloom because they had expectations that were far bigger than even WB's.

A movie costing this much, with this lineup of superheroes should have breezed to a billion. There is no way you could ever convince me that WB was swinging for the fence on this film, instead they hit a lazy shallow fly ball. 

• Like 1