kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

That is terrible by this site's standard, you really going to pretend that exists in a vacuum?

I mean, of course you are, but still

You need a certain amount of intuition to enjoy it as is. Apparently not a strength of 25% of the viewers. I would guess the extended version will be simpler dor them to understand.

Just now, hasanahmad said:

You can spin it all you like , for example considering that you think C means they disliked it rather than thought it was ok 

lol "spin". I never said anything about Cs, except the C that's in the word context

Anyway see you again next summer for the Wonder Woman/Dunkirk combo :)

1 minute ago, mredman said:

YOU didnt like it. There are plenty that did. And yeah the r rated Blu-Ray release is also a factor.. I know many that cant wait for this. I even seen people say they are waiting for that to be released.

I don't see people lining up to watch BvS in theaters again. I guess it's not worth the money to them. They're just waiting for it to come out on Blu-Ray/DVD. 

2 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Yeah, no. 

Hide contents

And Superman didn't die.

hahahahahahahahahaha yeah!

Spoiler

i know. But we never really see him alive again. Only dirt rising. So yeah he died in BvS. JL will be his return for real

Just now, Nova said:

I don't see people lining up to watch BvS in theaters again. I guess it's not worth the money to them. They're just waiting for it to come out on Blu-Ray/DVD. 

I think this is certainly a factor.

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Jesus, only $360K and a $422 for Demolition. Will barely make $1M for the whole weekend. Poor Jake. Also poor Vallee for going from the strong grosses of Dallas Buyers Club ($27M) and Wild ($37M) to...this. Eek.

There was like no marketing. I saw one trailer, and it was with Room, which didn't exactly set the box office on fire. Can't blame it on either of them; this shouldn't have started wide.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The WOM discussion you are having is so new. lol

I mean I've always thought that WOM can be analyzed by how well a movie's legs are. Bad legs=bad WOM. Good legs=Good WOM. But apparently there's a new system in place that people are using now. 

3 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

There was like no marketing. I saw one trailer, and it was with Room, which didn't exactly set the box office on fire. Can't blame it on either of them; this shouldn't have started wide.

Reviews aren't good either, so probably that is why they went straight to wide. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean I've always thought that WOM can be analyzed by how well a movie's legs are. Bad legs=bad WOM. Good legs=Good WOM. But apparently there's a new system in place that people are using now. 

It is called I like the movie so I'll ignore that WOM is obviously bad.

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Do you think a horrible multiplier points to bad reception? yes or no

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Only among critics 

I didn't know movie critics made up all the ticket sales.

Unless one would argue everyone's a critic, which fair enough.

2 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Hal Jordan would defeat every past and present member of the JL. 

The biggest mistake WB could make is choosing Hal Jordan over John Stewart for their new Green Lantern movie. Heck, the biggest mistake they've been making with this DCEU business is NOT banking on nostalgia. They have an opportunity Marvel doesn't with the love for B:TAS and the other DCAU shows. The fact that they're going with a solo Cyborg movie instead of a Teen Titans movie is incredibly stupid business-wise too. People in their teens and twenties loved these cartoons as kids, but they're completely avoiding evoking them in the films for who knows what reason.

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

It depends. 

DH2 had very good WOM but its multiplier was 2.25, and that's because it was the finale in an 8-film series.

I'm not sure how you can defend BVS.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Stop it people.  BvS had terrible reviews and terrible WOM.  It is about to pull a less than 2.0 multiplier.  

You can't sit there and say it had good WOM when it had still a large opening.  If it really had good 7/10 WOM like is being touted, with a $166m opening weekend it had more than enough people to go spread the word.  They didn't and the movie has fallen apart.  

If it was that terrible it wouldn't pass 250M Dom, It's just killing you it's almost passing 800M WW in 2 and a half weeks!
There's a bunch of negative BvS haters here that ignored every single positive thing that BvS achieved
I came to this board loving both DC and Marvel films and after 3 weeks It only made me become negative regarding the upcoming Marvel films
I'll be here to watch the amount of hypocrisy ppl will spread here when CW war won't pass 400M Dom and 1.2B WW.
I'll be here to point out every crappy thing I'll find about this movie just like many here did with BvS and i'm gonna enjoy this.

• Like 1