kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

39 minutes ago, Emirazza said:

40 more for BvS? You're shitting me. :lol: See what happens next weekend with Jungle Book. Also keep in mind, actuals aren't out yet. Its still morning-midday in US.

Yeah, maybe 40m is too much. I can see close to 35m though.

all the remaining weekends : 9.75 (-58.5% vs TJB) + 5.25 + 3 + 1.5 (-50% vs CW) + 0.85 + 2 (rest of the run including dollar bump) = 22.35

all the remaining weekdays : 5.85 + 2.5 (after TJB) + 1.5 + 0.75 (after CW) + 0.45 + 0.85 (rest of the run including dollar bump) = 11.90

22.35 + 11.90 = 34.25m

If BVS falls 60% against TJB for 9.3m next weekend, then the above pattern gives 32.7m

~33.3m more will give it 330m.

~36.5m for 333.2m and #10 CBM unadjusted.

330-335m final is a safe bet.

Edited by a2knet

22 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

784 million and counting. What a collosal failure 

Won't even make it to a billion WW despite costing around 400M w/advertising, despite having two of the most iconic (and strongest at the BO) SH's of all time reuniting in the big screen for the very 1st time ever (not to mention another icon in Wonder Woman's 1st outing), despite having a 400M+ WW opening (hasn't crossed 800M in 3 weeks, Deathly Hallows 2, which had a bigger 2nd weekend DOM drop, did it in 2), and despite having no competition until next week (well, this one for parts of the world where TJB and Huntsman opened already). What an enormous success, WB must be enormously proud.

It's not a colossal failure, anybody that says that is pretty incorrect. But let's not pretend like these numbers are to be exactly proud of. It's far from a flop, but it's definitely a disappointment for what it should've been. This movie should've easily crossed 1B and it won't even make it there w/all things considered. It won't even beat The fucking Dark Knight, which did 1B in 2008 w/no 3D attached. LOL.

But I digress. I don't want to enter in the flame wars and I didn't even hate BVS w/a passion or anything. Can we just celebrate that Zootopia is already past 850M? It's pretty much in Inside Out's tail WW. About 300-450M more than I ever expected. Mindblowing.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 9

53 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

The Jungle Book: 70M
Barbershop: 18M

The Boss: 14.1M

Zootopia: 9.5M

Batman v Superman: 8.5M

Criminal: 6M

Big Fat Greek Wedding: 4M

Miracles From Heaven: 3.1M

Hardcore Henry: 2.3M

God's Not Dead: 2M

Cloverfield: 1.9M

Allegiant: 1.8M

some serious biased numbers there :lol:

48 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Scott Mendelson at Forbes can't write for shit. Why did Forbes hire a total idiot to do their box office analysis? 

Anyway it's nice to see Eye in the Sky proving that an adult movie with an adult cast can survive in today's marketplace. 

tumblr_n0fwg5FxkX1tprar7o2_250.gif

what has he now done :ohmyzod:

18 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

LOL, BvS will gross under both Deadpool and Zootopia. Unbelievable fail.

LOL. All Marvel movies and X-Men movies except Avengers and IM3 under Deadpool and Zootopia. Unbelievable fail. :sadben:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Zootopia has actually underperformed here in the UK, It's at $18M after 3 weeks, despite Easter holidays.

Last years animated films in the UK:
Inside Out     $60,000,000
Minions        $73,000,000
Home        $40,000,000
Big Hero 6    $32,000,000
Hotel T 2    $30,000,000

That $18M/£13M figure is from last weekend - including previews, that's 12 days into release. Not really 3 weeks, is it.

It should still hit £20M+

Although I agree that compared to USA it is an underperformance. Imo due to so much competition. Opening against BVS was never an amazingly smart idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Won't even make it to a billion WW despite costing around 400M w/advertising, despite having two of the most iconic (and strongest at the BO) SH's of all time reuniting in the big screen for the very 1st time ever (not to mention another icon in Wonder Woman's 1st outing), despite having a 400M+ WW opening (hasn't crossed 800M in 3 weeks, Deathly Hallows 2, which had a bigger 2nd weekend DOM drop, did it in 2), and despite having no competition until next week (well, this one for parts of the world where TJB and Huntsman opened already). What an enormous success, WB must be enormously proud.

It's not a colossal failure, anybody that says that is pretty incorrect. But let's not pretend like these numbers are to be exactly proud of. It's far from a flop, but it's definitely a disappointment for what it should've been. This movie should've easily crossed 1B and it won't even make it there w/all things considered. It won't even beat The fucking Dark Knight, which did 1B in 2008 w/no 3D attached. LOL.

But I digress. I don't want to enter in the flame wars and I didn't even hate BVS w/a passion or anything. Can we just celebrate that Zootopia is already close to 820M? About 300-400M more than I ever expected. Mindblowing.

close to 820M? It is at 853M :) 

Funny how Superman Returns was considered the first $200M+ grosser (albeit barely) to be labeled a disappointment, now 10 years later we have Batman v Superman in the first $300M+ grosser to be labeled a disappointment.

2026: Superman in the first $400M+ grosser to be labeled a disappointment?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Funny how Superman Returns was considered the first $200M+ grosser (albeit barely) to be labeled a disappointment, now 10 years later we have Batman v Superman in the first $300M+ grosser to be labeled a disappointment.

A dying currency would do that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Mockingjay was called a disappointment by many. The Hobbit was labeled a disappointment in some circles.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

300 million grosser dissapointments.

Pirates 3

AOTC

Spiderman 3

IM2

MJ1

10 minutes ago, mredman said:

some serious biased numbers there :lol:

what has he now done :ohmyzod:

LOL. All Marvel movies and X-Men movies except Avengers and IM3 under Deadpool and Zootopia. Unbelievable fail. :sadben:

Not biased at all, BVS is going to drop over 60% next weekend because it loses practically every PLF screen and will lose several hundred theaters.

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Won't even make it 7-45xa billion WW despite costing around 40 0M w/advertising, despite having two of the most iconic (and strongest at the BO) SH's of all time reuniting in the big screen for the very 1st time ever (not to mention another icon in Wonder Woman's 1st outing), despite having a 400M+ WW opening (hasn't crossed 800M in 3 weeks, Deathly Hallows 2, which had a bigger 2nd weekend DOM drop, did it in 2), and despite having no competition until next week (well, this one for parts of the world where TJB and Huntsman opened already). What an enormous success, WB must be enormously proud.

But I digress. I don't want to enter in the flame wars and I didn't even hate BVS w/a passion or anything. Can we just celebrate that Zootopia is already past 850M? It's pretty much in Inside Out's tail WW. About 300-450M more than I ever expected. Mindblowing.

I think everyone knows this already and theres been about 745 different posts that have said the exact same thing you have here.

• Like 3

I would say 4-5 years ago this kind of a total for batman vs superman would be great.

However the TDK and TA really expanded the worldwide appeal of comic book movies and the fact a movie like Ant Man does half a billion, its not a good gross. 

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I corrected that, thanks for letting me know :lol: It's on Inside Out's tail, now. FUCKING INSANE. 1B locked now?

No, not locked. Only Japan left to go and if you look at WDAS's previous movies there, they are 77M, 249M, 30M, 31M. So it's hard to predict, at least from my pov, knowing very little about Japan's BO. But major western animated movies often just do 30M or so, in which case it wouldn't get 1B.

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

My response to your epic rant is :

$784 million and counting. What a collosal failure 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I think everyone knows this already and theres been about 745 different posts that have said the exact same thing you have here.

The exact same number of posts have been saying the same thing I answered to as well. It's the circle of life, my friend. Some things will never come to an end, as unfortunous as that may sound. I know I didn't help, but fuck, sometimes one just wishes to say something and let it out. That felt like an appropriate time, regardless of how repeated that thing has been.