SteveJaros

When does Marvel/DC fatigue set in?

Well, Marvel already suffered with this fatigue last year, and the only reason why CW won't be another disappointment like Ultron, is because they're bringing some novelty to the GP (this new SM), just like they did with Avengers back in 2012, but they can't keep bringing a novelty to every single new movie, the decrease is coming, and will be Hardy.

About DC: Why they would suffer with fatigue when their last movie was released 4 years ago?  :redcapes:

• Like 1

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You're excited to any movie that will make more than $100m DOM.

Not true. I am in no fucking given mode for Civil War and TMNT2, for example, and I couldn't care less about Jungle Book (probably won't even see it, like I didn't see Zootopia). 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Well, Marvel already suffered with this fatigue last year, and the only reason why CW won't be another disappointment like Ultron, is because they're bringing some novelty to the GP (this new SM), just like they did with Avengers back in 2012, but they can't keep bringing a novelty to every single new movie, the decrease is coming, and will be Hardy.

About DC: Why they would suffer with fatigue when their last movie was released 4 3 years ago?  :redcapes:

Lmao :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not true. I am in no fucking given mode for Civil War and TMNT2, for example, and I couldn't care less about Jungle Book (probably won't even see it, like I didn't see Zootopia). 

I'm pretty sure that once that the agressive marketing starts, you will change your avatar to IM, and will watch the movie at the previews :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm pretty sure that once that the agressive marketing starts, you will change your avatar to IM, and will watch the movie at the previews :lol: 

No preview shows were announced to happen here :( 

50 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Right now SH films are only being made by big studios and so far just 4 of them (and Sony has now given power of Spider-man to Disney/Marvel).  There aren't small upstart studios churning out expensive SH movies.  All of the big studios have already suffered big expensive films that have bombed in recent years with budgets that rival or even surpass any SH film.  Disney had John Carter, Lone Ranger and Tomorrow land.  In the last 5 years WB's already had a huge loss on a SH film -  Green Lantern but it wasn't bigger than what it lost on Jupiter Ascending and Pan last year.

Very good point. I don't see any  small or even medium-sized studio trying their hands on CBMs. The last flop was years ago and it was overshadowed by a truckload of much more high-profile flops recently that had nothing to do with super-heroes. Super-hero movies are still a very safe bet for the big studios.

I don't see fatigue setting in until Disney/Marvel has to start rebooting characters because of actors leaving and/or their natural story progress coming to an end.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Very good point. I don't see any  small or even medium-sized studio trying their hands on CBMs. The last flop was years ago and it was overshadowed by a truckload of much more high-profile flops recently that had nothing to do with super-heroes. Super-hero movies are still a very safe bet for the big studios.

I don't see fatigue setting in until Disney/Marvel has to start rebooting characters because of actors leaving and/or their natural story progress coming to an end.

Oh, buddy...

giphy.gif

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

LMFAO, the interest is (not) real

The lack of holidays doesn't help. The last two movies to have previews were Star Wars (Christmas) and BvS (Easter). 

15 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I find it quite fascinating that they'll screen BvsS early for Previews, but won't do the same for CW which is apparently killing it in the reviews for folks who've seen it so far??? That is sort of odd..

This is Portugal. Not America. Plus, like I said, BvS opened in the middle of school vacations and on top of Easter. Everyone was at home. Civil War is gonna open in a random April Thursday when everyone will be working. Finally, BvS smashed every single Marvel movie ever released here. It is not even a competition. 

For me, it kind of has already set in.  Yes I will still watch most, if not all of them, mind you :P  But I am nowhere near as excited as I used to be for these movies.

But overall, for say the GA, I think it will be fine until at least the Infinity War movies, then it may start to trend downward.

Fatigue will only set in across the genre when they start making more bad movies than good...and they start making less money than other genres.  Remember the 90s?  ;-)  For Marvel, that time doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon.  For FOX, Deadpool has probably inspired them to take more chances (although F4 was an equally opposite dip into the muddy well of disdain).  For Warner Bros/DCEnt?  Hmm...if their next two-to-three are received as badly as BvS was, things will be put on ice for a while, I'm guessing... 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2