CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

How have previous MCU movies done compared to Snow White and the Huntsman? 

Except the Avengers movies all grossed way less :lol: 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, The Huntsman always seemed like a strange proposition of a project: it's a prequel/sequel to the tepidly-received Snow White and the Huntsman, a movie that's probably remembered now for the "KStew slept with her married director" scandal than for its quality, and this is trying to do everything it can to build the world it created without, you know, Snow White.

They thought they could build a franchise around Hems :lol: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

So that means CW will outgross Huntsman :redcapes: 

There are more problems for Civil War. It will open right after one of the biggest weekends of the year. Monday is a holiday and The Huntsman will have a bigger 7 day OW than the original Snow White because of that, even if the actual OW is lower. 

Also, Winter Soldier sold 125000 tickets here. Snow White sold... 206000 tickets :lol: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

They thought they could build a franchise around Hems :lol: 

They should've called it Evil Queen: Winter's War. Only reason anyone would be interested in this seeing these actresses camp it up in costumes that will serve as an inspiration for drag queens everywhere.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

They should've called it Evil Queen: Winter's War. Only reason anyone would be interested in this seeing these actresses camp it up in costumes that will serve as an inspiration for drag queens everywhere.

The marketing here doesn't even show Hems or Chastain. It is Theron vs Blunt in every TV spot. 

Just now, La Binoche said:

Everyone involved with this project should be punished. 

"Sandy is a single mom" 

"Kristin never met her mom" 

Aniston and Hudson should not be allowed to act anymore. They should just be blacklisted forever. 

This looks ssoooooooo bad. Garry Marshall needs to just retire from filmmaking already (although that might be stretching it; he doesn't make movies anymore so much as make glorified Hallmark cards, and bad ones at that).

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The dialogues in the The Huntsman trailer are perfect for what is about to happen in Portugal:

Theron: I am stronger than all of you

*Jungle Book and Civil War look at her*: Shall we find out?

Theron: Kneel before me and then I'll tear your heart out.

And then The Huntsman proceeds to out open both Civil War and Jungle Book here, destroying Jungle Book's legs and and killing Civil War even before it opens. 

Disney when it realizes opening around The Huntsman was a bad idea: Worst plan ever.

Thank god for Portugal

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So that means CW will outgross Huntsman :redcapes: 

Actual street marketing for The Huntsman here. Hemsworth who? 

13047994_1018455021582495_16985421954475

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Actual street marketing for The Huntsman here. Hemsworth who? 

13047994_1018455021582495_16985421954475

Told ya they're really trying to tap into the drag queen marketing. Know your audience.

lol remember when Disney hired a Maleficent drag queen for the premiere and Angelina posed with it and you could see her trying everything she could not to burst into laughter in all of the pics?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

How about Lilo and Stitch? I would love that.

As much as I like the movie, this also came too my mind. But on second thought, nope.

- It's not that popular or classic.

- It already had several spin-offs and tv series.

- would be very hard to design a real-life stitch and other alien characters.

Anyway I think the worldwide classics with good storylines and iconic characters like The Lion King, Pinocchio, Aladdin, Mulan, Sleeping Beauties, Snow White, and The Little Mermaid, seem to be the more possible choices.

But I would love a Lilo & Stitch some day though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

As much as I like the movie, this also came too my mind. But on second thought, nope.

- It's not that popular or classic.

- It already had several spin-offs and tv series.

- would be very hard to design a real-life stitch and other alien characters.

Anyway I think the worldwide classics with good storylines and iconic characters like The Lion King, Pinocchio, Aladdin, Mulan, Sleeping Beauties, Snow White, and The Little Mermaid, seem to be the more possible choices.

But I would love a Lilo & Stitch some day though.

they needa make a bomb ass kim possible movie

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This looks ssoooooooo bad. Garry Marshall needs to just retire from filmmaking already (although that might be stretching it; he doesn't make movies anymore so much as make glorified Hallmark cards, and bad ones at that).

It's weird that he became such a HACK b/c Pretty Woman was not an easy movie to nail. I mean turning a bleak drama about a prostitute who OD's and dies into a feel-good Disney modern-day Cinderella story...but still keeping it Rated R and about a hooker...that was a tricky tonal balance and he got it right. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

It's weird that he became such a HACK b/c Pretty Woman was not an easy movie to nail. I mean turning a bleak drama about a prostitute who OD's and dies into a feel-good Disney modern-day Cinderella story...but still keeping it Rated R and about a hooker...that was a tricky tonal balance and he got it right. 

Within the past decade he gave us Georgia Rule, a feel good chick flick about incest. His filmmaking skills definitely seem to have deteriorated with age.