CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

8 hours ago, Cynosure said:

BvS is the gift that keeps on giving. Laughable. :lol::lol:

8 hours ago, NickFury90 said:

at this point $850m might be out of range for BvS lol

6 hours ago, La Binoche said:

BvS is DONE. A little girl bunny cop and a little Indian boy stomped it out. Enough about it already.

tumblr_o5nedr4uPQ1ulqlnyo1_250.gif

6 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

My goodness, is Batman VS Superman not going to have a X2 multiplier?? :o 

After 4 weekends, the hates are still there. It's astonishing. Some kind of" vast right wing conspiracy?"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

1. Finding Dory: $470 million

2. Civil War: $445 million

3. Rogue One: $410 million

4. Deadpool: $360 million 

5. Moana: $345 million

6. Zootopia: $335 million

7. The Jungle Book: $335 million

8. Batman vs Superman: $330 million 

9. The Secret Lives of Pets: $305 million

10. Suicide Squad: $280 million

Might miss top 7 if Moana breaks out.

I'd say missing top 5 is a lock

Independence Day: Resurgence can go either way too.

• Like 1

Ugh, I hope Fantastic Beasts is good. I hated the direction Yates went in with his HP films, and Rowling's writing (or rather storytelling) really fell off, judging from the later HP books and her non-HP books. I'm just hoping that now that he's making a movie not based on any of the books, and since this is a different avenue of writing for her, they can pull it off. But I'm really, really skeptical right now.

But yeah, no idea how it'll perform. The HP fandom is still there and big, but it definitely petered out a bit, and I'm not sure if a trilogy about Newt Scamander set decades before HP is what everyone really wanted next in the universe. :lol:

More on topic though, really want to see TJB. Wasn't expecting this response to it at all. Cinderella was solid if a little...bland? So I expected this would be somewhat similar.

29 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

1. Finding Dory: $470 million

2. Civil War: $445 million

3. Rogue One: $410 million

4. Deadpool: $360 million 

5. Moana: $345 million

6. Zootopia: $335 million

7. The Jungle Book: $335 million

8. Batman vs Superman: $330 million 

9. The Secret Lives of Pets: $305 million

10. Suicide Squad: $280 million

Might miss top 7 if Moana breaks out.

I'd say missing top 5 is a lock

I think 2016 could be a record year for $200M grossers

Record holders in 2013 & 2014 with 13 $200M grossers.

1. Rogue One
  2. Finding Dory
  3. CA:CW
  4. Deapool
  5. Jungle Book
  6. Zootopia
  7. Secret Life of Pets
  8. BvS
  9. Suicide Squad
  10. Fantastic Beasts
  11. ID Resurgence
  12. X-Men Apocalypse
  13. Jason Bourne
  14. Moana
  15. Passengers

• Like 1

Here's the definition of a four-quadrant film:

My mom called me at noon today asking if I wanted to see The Jungle Book with them when I'm back home in a couple of weeks. I told her I had plans for seeing tonight with friends, and she was like "Good!" Naturally, I was a tad confused, and she explained that apparently my dad has been begging to see it all week, but she thought I wanted to see it with them.

My 67-year-old dad, who over several years has always said it's foolish to rush out for OW (with the exception of TFA of course), was trying to rush my 57-year-old mom to see The Jungle Book. They're seeing it tomorrow.

I love my parents btw. :D

• Like 15

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Blank Panther said:

My mom called me at noon today asking if I wanted to see The Jungle Book with them when I'm back home in a couple of weeks. I told her I had plans for seeing tonight with friends, and she was like "Good!" Naturally, I was a tad confused, and she explained that apparently my dad has been begging to see it all week, but she thought I wanted to see it with them.

My 67-year-old dad, who over several years has always said it's foolish to rush out for OW (with the exception of TFA of course), was trying to rush my 57-year-old mom to see The Jungle Book. They're seeing it tomorrow.

I remember a Forbes article stating TFA was the death of something or another. It appears to have done the opposite.

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I remember a Forbes article stating TFA was the death of something or another. It appears to have done the opposite.

Forbes should have consulted with me.

People just want fun movies that are not cynical or hold the audience in contempt. Or challenging art films like BvS.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

This really sounds like Jurassic World all over again. 

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Forbes should have consulted with me.

People just want fun movies that are not cynical or hold the audience in contempt. Or challenging art films like BvS.

No, they want challenging art films like The Revenant. 

• Like 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

No, they want challenging art films like The Revenant. 

That too for sure.

BvS should be around 820M+ after the weekend. Not bad after being burdened with a 29RT and a coordinated campaign to destroy it. Not bad at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Kim Possible film would be EPIC. One of the few original Disney Channel shows that was actually good (usually the good ones are always the ones that adapted a movie, like Emperor's New School, Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin, etc.), and very popular too. W/the right marketing and the right talent, it would kick serious ass, especially in the current golden age of superhero movies where teen girls kinda want a role model of their own too.

Related to this: Paramount should greenlight a live-action Danny Phantom movie. Both it and KP would have massive nostalgia credit while having solid source material for entertaining blockbusters.

Michael Shannon for Dr. Drakken btw.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Not going to open to JW levels.

No of course not. But the legs could be similar as far as holding with families in the upcoming weeks if WOM stays strong (seeing it tonight with my Mom who never goes to the movies either). The reason I compare to the two is they are both adventure movies that have a 4 quadrant appeal that also have some sort of nostalgic factor (I haven't even seen the original Jungle Book in at least 15 years).

It was never going to open above Batman V Superman either but it could easily end up beating it in totals.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

No of course not. But the legs could be similar as far as holding with families in the upcoming weeks if WOM stays strong (seeing it tonight with my Mom who never goes to the movies either).

It was never going to open above Batman V Superman either but it could easily end up beating it in totals.

Who saw that coming in January or even February? 

• Like 2