CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Next up for STX is The Bye Bye Man. It won't hit The Boy levels because The Conjuring opens the following weekend but it'll do enough to be considered a hit. Free State of Jones will probably bomb because of how high the budget is.

20 minutes ago, SWXII said:

This is why I doubt any studio will announce they will be releasing a superior extended cut at a later date.

An unjustified 28 on RT, a deliberate smear campaign, a movie interfered with by non-creatives and an announcement that they may release the extended version in theaters, and still this movie will do around 900M WW.

I'd call that a minor miracle. 

After a $15.2m intl weekend and $9m domestic weekend, it won't get near $900m now. Maybe $850m. 

• Like 3

Just now, Truckasaurus said:

That Hunstman movie is going to be trounced by TJB next weekend.

I honestly won't be too surprised if The Huntsman makes 1/3 of the original movie's gross. Losing 50% already seems like a guarantee.