CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

let me guess you have that prediction because you are a BvS hater right ?:rolleyes:

No, it is because I can do some pretty simple math and see that it is a lock for #7 at best and only needs a couple others to push it out of the Top 10.  It has nothing to do with hating BvS.  

• Like 5

If Barbershop follows RA2:

7M Friday

7.9M Saturday

5.8M Sunday

20.7M Weekend

If it follows Meet the Blacks:

7M Friday

7.9M Saturday

5M Sunday

19.9M Weekend

If it follows The Perfect Match:

7M Friday

7.8M Saturday

4.5M Sunday

19.3M Weekend

Given the WOM I'm curious if it can have a better Saturday jump than these movies.

9 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE earned an estimated $2.36M on Friday. Domestic total is now $304.7M. ‪#‎BatmanVSuperman‬‪#‎DawnOfJustice‬

BVS should do 9m+ this weekend with that Friday.

Despite shitty Fridays, it's Sat to Sat % increases have been at par with F7's Sat to Sat % increases.

From spring break => weekend after sb => 2 weekends after sb,

F7 went +35% on Sat => +55% on Sat => +75% on Sat

BVS has gone +55% on Sat => +75% on Sat => ? (I expect +85-90% on Sat followed by a 43-44% drop on Sun)

That'll give a 9.25m weekend (-60.4%).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Why on Earth did Allegiant drop so much from Insurgent? 

Because an RT score approaching single digits was enough to convince everyone who was only half-invested in the series to jump off completely. Also, the main villain was defeated at the end of the second movie.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That doesn't seem to bode well for a strong expansion. Shame.

As well-liked and crowd-pleasing as that director's movies are, they've struggled at the box office. I expected bigger #s from Begin Again and even Once the way everyone was raving.