WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I've hardly see any ads on TV and I watch a lot of television, plus Key & Peele's appeal is still more on the "niche" side of business. With Captain America right around the corner, I imagine that audience will just opt to wait until it's available to rent for the most part.

I've seen lots of adds on TV like Han.

can't actually bare the thought of watching a Key and Peele movie myself. Can hardly stand to sit through a three minute sketch on YouTube.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Another flop for Chris Hemaukdhfkts, congratulations, Marvel, for killing another promising career.  p6.gif

Who is Chris Hemaulkdhfkts? I know of a Chris Hemsworth, but not whoever the fuck that that is.

• Like 6

Yeah, you know what? Forget the Huntsman total gross prediction I posted last page. I'm saying $50 million domestic total (that's 2.68x, 2.83x sans Thursday previews). I'll change the post, in fact. I'm still saying $18.7 million for the weekend.

Edited by johnboy3434

So basically the sequel to the more successful 2012 Snow White movie will end up grossing under the less successful 2012 Snow White movie (Mirror, Mirror).

Huge disappointment for it, at least the 3 big actresses got huge paychecks for this franchise movie. Wonder if Darabont could have made it any better before he quit.

20 minutes ago, bapi said:

Seriously "actors" like Hemsworth, Evans or Cavill are pointless. Just pointless.

:huh:

I think they're pretty good actors. Not sure where this comes from, unless you just don't like their acting yourself (which, alright, good for you, I guess).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So basically the sequel to the more successful 2012 Snow White movie will end up grossing under the less successful 2012 Snow White movie (Mirror, Mirror).

Huge disappointment for it, at least 3 big actresses got huge paychecks for this franchise movie. Wonder if Darabont could have made it any better before he quit.

He probably say this as a doomed ship and jumped off. I'm pretty sure the nail has been hit on the head that this movie wasn't a good idea from the beginning (especially when Snow White and the Huntsman barely made a profit).

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

:huh:

I think they're pretty good actors. Not sure where this comes from, unless you just don't like their acting yourself (which, alright, good for you, I guess).

I can assure you, they're not good actors.

1 hour ago, mahnamahna said:

My prediction for top 25 DOM

1. Finding Dory: $550 million 
  2. Captain America - Civil War: $520 million 
  3. Rogue One: $475 million
  4. Deadpool: $360 million 
  5. Moana: $345 million 
  6. The Jungle Book: $340 million 
  7. Zootopia: $335 million 
  8. Batman vs. Superman: $330 million 
  9. Suicide Squad: $310 million 
  10. The Secret Lives of Pets: $285 million 
  11. X-Men - Apocalypse: $260 million 
  12. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: $245 million 
  13. Passengers: $215 million 
  14. Jason Bourne: $210 million 
  15. Independence Day - Resurgence: $205 million 
  16. Central Intelligence: $185 million 
  17. Sing: $175 million 
  18. Star Trek Beyond: $165 million 
  19. Doctor Strange: $155 million 
  20. Storks: $150 million 
  21. Alice Through the Looking Glass: $145 million 
  22. The Magnificent Seven: $140 million 
  23. Kung Fu Panda 3: $140 million 
  24. The Girl on the Train: $135 million
  25. Neighbors 2: $130 million 

Could be a record for $350 million+ DOM (if Moana and JB manage to get there), $300 million+ DOM (if JB, Civil War, Dory and Rogue One do it, the record is broken), $250 million+ DOM, $200 million+ DOM and $100 million+ DOM. 

2016 is looking solid. 

The majority of those totals are not going to happen, but after seeing the trailer for The Girl on the Train, it surely is not going to gross anywhere near that much. 

42 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

"SW7 won't make more than $500m"  :sadben:

So you expect it to drop by about 40% from TFA?  So this means it would have to open to about 150 million and have about a 3.25 multiplier at Christmas.

9k=   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bapi said:

I can assure you, they're not good actors.

Evans is awesome. Cavil seems pretty good to me. I don't particularly like Hemsworth as Thor but I haven't really seen some of the stuff that he gets more acclaim for like Rush

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Pretty good hold for Jungle Book although I was expecting slightly better. lol @ the rest of the weekend. Roll on May

You were expecting it to jump more than 190%?