CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, MrPink said:

Out of likes for the day and it's only 12:30 PM

:sadben:

Time to upgrade your account.

We are having a special sale this weekend. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's a decent way to spend two hours, nothing really noteworthy outside of the SHIELD base.

200_s.gif

31 minutes ago, CJohn said:

How can't people not get into Guardians of the Galaxy? I assume your souls are dead. It is the only logical explanation :P GotG is one of Marvel's finest.

GotG is a lazy, lame ass magical friendship movie, with expired jokes and a joke of a villain. In fact, aside from Hulk, it is the worst Marvel movie ever made.

AoU>IM3>Thor>CW2>IM1>TA>Thor2>IM2>Ant-Man>CA>GotG>TIH 

I'll see it when the bluray huts the torrents.

• Like 1

Tom Holland is infinitely more believable as a high schooler than Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield (who looked especially ridiculous in a high school setting) were so he already has that going for him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Tom Holland is infinitely more believable as a high schooler than Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield (who looked especially ridiculous in a high school setting) were so he already has that going for him.

Tom Holland won't have that majestic Twilight hair Garfield was sporting during TASM and TASM2, tho. 

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Well, but Easter Sunday vs Mother's Day Sunday balances things I guess.

People get days off work/school for Easter (plus nothing much is open on Easter Sunday except movies). Mother's Day is just a regular weekend day except you're supposed to be nice to mom.

After hating The Amazing Spider-man movies, I gotta say that I am super excited for the next Spidey movie based on Civil War.

It's Sony's movie, but most of the Marvel people are involved, correct? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

GotG is a lazy, lame ass magical friendship movie, with expired jokes and a joke of a villain. In fact, aside from Hulk, it is the worst Marvel movie ever made.

AoU>IM3>Thor>CW2>IM1>TA>Thor2>IM2>Ant-Man>CA>GotG>TIH 

I'll see it when the bluray huts the torrents.

DrZuKRr.png

• Like 1

Just now, Chaz said:

After hating The Amazing Spider-man movies, I gotta say that I am super excited for the next Spidey movie based on Civil War.

Yes, Marvel pretty much has full creative control. Just expect some bad Sony product placement. 

Just now, Chaz said:

Marvel has creative control. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Tom Holland won't have that majestic Twilight hair Garfield was sporting during TASM and TASM2

I was mostly just jealous that he is only 3 years younger than me and still playing a high schooler. Like come on now. Where's the Rob Riggle character from 21 Jump Street ("When did you go through puberty? At 7 or something?") when you need him?

• Like 1

What's great about Tom holland is he actually looked my age (in the sense that you could totally believe him as a high schooler). He really is a teenager, instead of a man playing a kid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

It is true. The fact that GotG came ut the same year as Interstellar only managed to make it look even worse.

/deceased at this comparison. Those movies are nothing alike so comparing them is silly.

What's next, Black Swan vs. Showgirls?

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

This IS an Avengers movie. Ultron left us with Cap standing above establishing to us CAP is the LEADER telling his crew of Avengers to Assemble. ALL of the Avengers present at the end of Ultron are present in this movie. 

Its more a sequel to Ultron than WS

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 7