CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

20 minutes ago, James said:

Actually, Gatsby and Into Darkness opened on different weekends and their OWs combined are around 120m. The Nice Guys, Neighbors 2 and Angry Birds will make more than than in only one weekend. And in the next one, Alice and X-Men will make more than Fast+Hangover and the week after that, Turtles 2 + Me Before You will combine another 100m. CW has more competition than IM3 had. The difference is CW's second weekend doesn't have a Gatsby. But starting from the third weekend it is a massacre. 

Nice Guys is only getting ~20M, and I'm being generous, and Neighbors and Angry Birds are probably somewhere in the mid-to-high-30s, so that's about 90M+. TMNT's only gonna do at best $60M, and Me Before You's doing at best $20M.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lol at you saying Neighbors 2, Nice Guys and Angry Birds are competiton (combined they won't make the 80M Into Darkness did). Those movies are flops waiting to happen. And AHAHAHAHAH at TMNT2 and Me Before You combining to another 100M. Also, Alice 2 + Apocalypse won't open above the combined mightiness of Epic, Hangover 3 and Fast 6.

Wat

So, with this number what is the absolute highest and lowest number CW will do for Saturday?

IMO,

Absolute lowest - Stay flat from Friday's business.

Absolute highest - $58 million.

3 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

So, with this number what is the absolute highest and lowest number CW will do for Saturday?

IMO,

Absolute lowest - Stay flat from Friday's business.

Absolute highest - $58 million.

Looks about right. Don't know what the percentage increases are though. But that's about where I had it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's not gonna flop but I think you're overestimating its appeal.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You think that movie is gonna break out big? Oh, buddy...

It's not flopping :lol: And yes, I do expect a total a little under 100M :ph34r: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's not flopping :lol: And yes, I do expect a total a little under 100M :ph34r: 

I am expecting 25/75

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, The Nice Guys is one of my 3 most anticipated movies this summer and even I know it's not gonna have mass appeal at all.

You're right, but it's awesome that WB is pushing it really hard. I've been seeing commercials for weeks now, this definitely isn't a dump job. I'm hoping it will surprise, but honestly just hoping for at least a $15m OW at this point.

Edited by Jayhawk

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ni ce Guys is only getting ~20M, and I'm being generous, and Neighbors and Angry Birds are probably somewhere in the mid-to-high-30s, so that's about 90M+. TMNT's only gonna do at best $60M, and Me Before You's doing at best $20M.

And you think these numbers arre Insignificant?

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

You're right, but it's awesome that WB is pushing it really hard. I've been seeing commercials for weeks now, this definitely isn't a dump job. I'm hoping it will surprise, but honestly just hoping for at least a $15m OW at this point.

Well, mad props to them for keeping it in the summer since the beginning. The movie has been in the can since around the fall.

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ni ce Guys is only getting ~20M, and I'm being generous, and Neighbors and Angry Birds are probably somewhere in the mid-to-high-30s, so that's about 90M+. TMNT's only gonna do at best $60M, and Me Before You's doing at best $20M.

And you think these numbers arre Insignificant?