CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

15 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

True but it still made 220 million this weekend and I imagine European drops will be  far better next weekend which is still wide and clear. 

As of right now the min domestic gross is 436 million as that is Ultron  Legs based on a 181.8 million opening. 

I dont see any evidence for this to have worse legs then Ultron 

It only made that, thanks to China's grosses which masked the rest of the overseas drops.

Now that the movie has already been released everywhere with no new markets to open, its drops will probably be more noticeable. China's opening weekend managed to balance the other drops, giving the feeling that the movie hasn't dropped too much.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I noticed on IMDB Civil war is rated 8.7 by US Users and 8.3 Overseas?

Could be a sign like Winter Solider will be well liked and good legs here in NA but decent overseas? 

I am thinking it will be `800 to 850 max oveseas while domestic will go past Ultron. 

Nah, it's a sign that imdb is unreliable when a movie premiers.

2 hours ago, Kalo said:

Yes I know. well Actually ScarJo made $20m for Ultron and she doesn't even have her own movie. 

That was debunked by Variety.  The Chrises and Scarlett all made the same for Ultron and yes Evans gets paid much more now than he did when he started - they all do - just not as much as RDJ and rightfully so. B)

In EW last week Feige, the Russos and Evans were interviewed together talking about how hadr it was to put together with all the contracts and Evans casually drops this bomb

“Yeah, you [Feige] came in and it was such a great reveal,” the actor says. “You had an envelope and you slid the Civil War comic book out. You know, I was hoping but I knew what it required — and you never know if that is going to work out. It was really exciting, and Downey came up to me on the set and was like, ‘I think we’re going to do this movie together.’ I was like, ‘Don’t play with my emotions.’”

Joe Russo sits up in his chair when he hears this. “When did he tell you that? How early was that?” he says. “Because that’s not what his agent said.”

Evans shrugs. “I don’t know, it might have been even before you came and told me,” the actor says. “Well, he seemed kind of into it.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/05/captain-america-civil-war-behind-the-scenes

So, yeah his agent was playing hardball which is his job but RDJ knew he was probably going to do it all along and told Chris. :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Main thing I remember is Sly losing which made me sad since that was probably his last time ever getting nominated 

He didn't win an Oscar for writing rocky but he should have since it won best picture and director.  Either way, for an actor that was going nowhere that's a huge accomplishment. 

He made a couple hundred million in his career, hard to feel sad for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

So it's a captain movie. But did RDJ  get paid more?

Doesn't matter whose movie, RDJ always get paid more. 

The salary of the whole cast of Spidey: Homecoming will be maybe 1/10 of RDJ's extended cameo payday. 

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

So it's a captain movie. But did RDJ  get paid more?

Sure, just like Jack Nicholson made more for Batman than Michael Keaton.  Adding RDJ to a Marvel movie prints money for the studio - in this case probably $300-400m more in Box Office.  Also he wasn't under any current contract while Evans was.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure, just like Jack Nicholson made more for Batman than Michael Keaton.  Adding RDJ to a Marvel movie prints money for the studio - in this case probably $300-400m more in Box Office.  Also he wasn't under any current contract while Evans was.

Hold up. You won the derby?

51 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

True but it still made 220 million this weekend and I imagine European drops will be  far better next weekend which is still wide and clear. 

As of right now the min domestic gross is 436 million as that is Ultron  Legs based on a 181.8 million opening. 

I dont see any evidence for this to have worse legs then Ultron 

starting from May 27 it faces one major release a week pretty much which will hurt late legs

34 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It only made that, thanks to China's grosses which masked the rest of the overseas drops.

Now that the movie has already been released everywhere with no new markets to open, its drops will probably be more noticeable. China's opening weekend managed to balance the other drops, giving the feeling that the movie hasn't dropped too much.

Such nice weather.

14 minutes ago, Sam said:

Doesn't matter whose movie, RDJ always get paid more. 

The salary of the whole cast of Spidey: Homecoming will be maybe 1/10 of RDJ's extended cameo payday. 

Well they're not worth as much and all combined, probably including Tomei they haven't been in the business as long. 

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Those guys are generic supporting cast. Now the next year, he had Drexler.

They might not have been household names but that was a crew!  

Besides, as amazing as Olajuwon was, he didn't have the kind of numbers that said, hey I'm just gonna do this all myself. 

1 hour ago, ecstasy said:

LOL no. Those were all very good players including Sam Cassel.

Cassell!  He was my boy, along with Horry. We had a crew that could drop 3's all day.  Mario Elie hitting that one to sink the Suns was spectacular.  Smith going off on the Magic in game 1.  

Man those were the days.  Clutch City!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Besides, as amazing as Olajuwon was, he didn't have the kind of numbers that said, hey I'm just gonna do this all myself. 

Cassell!  He was my boy, along with Horry. We had a crew that could drop 3's all day.  Mario Elie hitting that one to sink the Suns was spectacular.  Smith going off on the Magic in game 1.  

Wow, you brought back some great memories. 94 team was truly a team with Dream as the superstar. Comparing to the utter crap we Rockets fan watched this year, my god this years team was beyond awful. Nobody gave a fuck, thankfully we got bitchslapped by the Warriors. This team deserved that humiliation.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Funny. RDJ didn't make 20m in his first 20 years of acting.  Was only paid 500k for IM and was considered a potential risk with his history of drug problems. He's a fucking juggernaut now. 

Good for him. I've always liked him. From since back to school to Chaplin to zodiac. I hope he banks his money and goes back to making lower budget provocative films

Oooh. Great if he could join the cast of Sicario 2. RDJ and Benicio would be a great combo

Brando got paid more than reeves for being in 10m of superman

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Rallax said:

I've seen that documentary so many times. Vernon Maxwell was really crazy huh? LOL

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Wow, you brought back some great memories. 94 team was truly a team with Dream as the superstar. Comparing to the utter crap we Rockets fan watched this year, my god this years team was beyond awful. Nobody gave a fuck, thankfully we got bitchslapped by the Warriors. This team deserved that humiliation.

I thought about you. Rockets were a mess all season. Such a great organization turned into a sideshow full of drama.