WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

This is fucking stupid. If CW was on track for a 75m-80m 2nd weekend, everything would be just fine. But because it's having a completely normal drop, and is 3m below the 'expected' benchmark for the weekend, piracy is to blame. Please. My housemate watched the pirate version and then went to the cinema to watch it the next day because he loved it so fucking much.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

There's only one objective way to settle this

IMDB ratings

No, we need a hybrid of IMDB, RT User Ratings, Metascore and Cinemascore along with a healthy dose of anecdotal evidence suggesting that parking lots are way too full today.

• Like 4

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well why waste your time on watching the pirated version if you knew you were going to go to the Cinema to see it anyway???

He went to the cinema because he liked it so much. He decided that after he watched it.

Limited release numbers

AmeriGeddon 45,900 30    
Azhar 41,900 58    
Love & Friendship 35,100 4    
High-Rise 21,900 30    
Jimmy Vestvood: Amerikan Hero 15,800 4    
Sundown 4,600 66    
Last Days in the Desert 3,900 7    
2 Bol 3,900 18    
Kill Zone 2 2,900 10    
How to Plan an Orgy in a Small Town 2,600 9    
Sunset Song 2,300 3    
Phantom Detective 2,200 1    
Pele 1,750 3    
Search Party 1,500 8

I'm gonna tell you something about Piracy. 

It doesn't always hurt a movie/TV show. 

Let's take me for instance. I downloaded the first episode of Game of Thrones and watched it just to see what it was. I told my friend how amazing it was. He rented the blu-ray set, and watched it. He loved it. He told his parents how nice it was, and they bought the full blu-ray set. They loved it, and told their friends, who bought a blu-ray set.

I gave the episode to another one of my friends. He loved it, and subscribed to HBO for his whole family, and now they're all addicted.

All of this started because I watched a pirated episode of the show to see what it's like. I wouldn't have paid because I wasn't THAT interested, I wanted to see what it was. And now, 6+ people are addicted. :redcapes:

• Like 1

One thing that annoys me here is the snowball effect, it's literally two posters who are using the piracy argument in BKB & No Prisoners yet we spent 15 pages beating the same joke to death. Come on guys. It's crazy to me how easily some of you are derailed by a couple of knuckleheads. 

• Like 1