The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I liked THE ARTIST too. :)

11 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Me too :ph34r:

mkultra+190619.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It's a very good and well-made movie. I enjoy it quite a bit.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As opposed to the psychological torture of being forced to watch Twilight films , Rocky 2-5, Transformers 2-4 and Halloween 2 - Infinity  :P

choices-quotes-images-2-a7b6f2ff.jpg

I chose to like those films, I as not brainwashed into it. :)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As opposed to the psychological torture of being forced to watch Twilight films , Rocky 2-5, Transformers 2-4 and Halloween 2 - Infinity  :P

whats wrong with Rocky II-IV? V sure but no, those are good movies imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Decent-Not so Good-Awful

I mean sure they're not brilliant like the first one. but I certainly wouldn't find watching them torture. 

I also like Twilight. :shades:

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

hqdefault.jpg

On a related topic, but different movie, I'm still entirely convinced that Fight Club had some subliminal stuff going on. The first time I saw it, I felt weird. I've got a pretty thorough grasp of how my brain works, and how I felt after leaving the movie didn't track *at all* with how I felt I should have felt. And I don't mean that I was more excited than I expected, or that the concepts disturbed me. I mean, I felt like the movie had somehow been poking directly at my subconscious somehow. It was more disturbing to me than anything in the movie itself. And the idea of doing that is a point in the movie. 

Second time I watched it I didn't feel that way at all. Still perplexes me. I wonder if I'm now patiently waiting a command phrase to set me off.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

On a related topic, but different movie, I'm still entirely convinced that Fight Club had some subliminal stuff going on. The first time I saw it, I felt weird. I've got a pretty thorough grasp of how my brain works, and how I felt after leaving the movie didn't track *at all* with how I felt I should have felt. And I don't mean that I was more excited than I expected, or that the concepts disturbed me. I mean, I felt like the movie had somehow been poking directly at my subconscious somehow. It was more disturbing to me than anything in the movie itself. And the idea of doing that is a point in the movie. 

Second time I watched it I didn't feel that way at all. Still perplexes me. I wonder if I'm now patiently waiting a command phrase to set me off.

y7kvOYLzas6Ag.gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

mark rylance was great i don't see the problem. Stallone's like my guy i was stanning him the whole year but it's not like he lost to some schmuck. 

Rylance was easily my #2 in the category so I'm happy he lost to Rylance, but imo Stallone was still miles ahead of him

Also, not that anyone's asking, but I love musicals too although Rock of Ages was pretty awful except for Cruise's scenes. Hairspray was a lot more fun if we're talking Adam Shankman