wileECoyote

Thursday 5/19 numbers Cap 3.7

From Weekend thread

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Disney’s Captain America: Civil War is set to grip No. 1 for the third sesh in a row with a -40% to -50% hold of $36M-$44M. Cap made $3.7M yesterday taking its second week cume to $90.97M and its running domestic total to $314.3M.

Just now, moviesRus said:

Really? Deadline doesn't think Angry Birds can even get $40m.. lol

I don't trust deadline went it comes to box office. They were thinking that Barbershop:The Next Cut could do $30 million opening weekend. They mostly just like to over predict the "event movies" and the comedy sequels/Kevin Hart/whatever movies.

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

HAHAHAHA a 40% drop for Civil War off a 3.7 thursday. Ok deadline lol

Even without Nikki the nonsense is still real in that place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stripe said:

With IM3 multipliers

10.6M

17.3M

12.1M

40M

Not really far from that 40% drop :ph34r: (43M weekend)

I know it's unprobable, but...

IM3 jumped 189% on Friday because it fell big on Thursday (-15%) due to Into Darkness which released on Thursday (full day - not just previews)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=avengersironman.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-05-16&track=ironman3.htm

CW has falled 5% on Thu, so AOU's 148% Friday bump for 9.2m Friday (35.5-36m weekend) is more like it.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Solid Thursday for Cap.

Down just 5%. Was expecting close to 9% like last week. Even though they were small, there were 3 previews to compete with.

2 hours ago, zackzack said:

RE: CW

Marvel movie this good deserves to earn more than Ultra's $459M.

Not meant to be....

That's how it goes.   I can pick any random box office year and never think the movies line up right in terms of "quality" and box office results.   I doubt anyone else could either with their personal "quality" (favorite movies) list.    There is always a "Why do so many people like that one?" and "Why didn't more people like that one?"      I'll bet a lot of people went crazy wondering that about Titanic and E.T.

• Like 3