CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Halle acting looks bad in trailers, but her voice is incredible , so seems like a wash

You want Meryl Streep level acting for Ariel?

She's a ditzy teenager in a kid's movie.

9 hours ago, eXtacy said:

With the huge negativity surrounding its marketing/casting this film really NEEDS to have some glowing reactions, especially to Halle Bailey's performance.

There really isn't much negativity surrounding the marketing at all. You pretty much have two areas of negativity. One is the backlash over the race of the lead. That is bunk and has been written off as pure racism. The other is "fatigue" over remakes. That is also bunk and has absolutely no bearing on ticket sales as those who want to see it will see it any way. The so-called fatigue comes from those who hated these movies from the getgo and were never going to see this.

Other than that, there really isn't much backlash. Add to that the strong pre-sales and this movie will be very successful.

On 5/4/2023 at 2:20 PM, joselowe said:

That seems low, imo The Little Mermaid, is right below BATB in terms of appeal. the live action remake brand not having the best track record may keep it from those $450m+ numbers, but it would be pretty disappointing if this movie failed to reach $300m.

26 minutes ago, Kalo said:

That seems low, imo The Little Mermaid, is right below BATB in terms of appeal. the live action remake brand not having the best track record may keep it from those $450m+ numbers, but it would be pretty disappointing if this movie failed to reach $300m.

That was over a week ago. TLM is looking to bring in at least $10 million in preview, probably closer to $12 or even $13 million. It's not going to pull in just 5-6X the previews.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, Mickiland16 said:

For what it's worth you can hear Daveed Diggs' "Under the Sea" at the end

It better slap. Under The Sea is my second favorite Disney song.

The demise of Disney on here is about to be proven wrong yet again. I don't think it'll match BATB or Lion King but on par with Aladdin wouldn't surprise me. It's much more female skewing so it'll fare well throughout the summer.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The demise of Disney on here is about to be proven wrong yet again. I don't think it'll match BATB or Lion King but on par with Aladdin wouldn't surprise me. It's much more female skewing so it'll fare well throughout the summer.

Is so funny to me how when the Fandango poll got posted on social media the comments were like "who's excited for The Little Mermaid", "who want to see a Disney remake", "take it out of there"(it's a poll lmao), "it's going to flop" (especially on Facebook) like yeah dude surprise you're beef with a children movie doesn't representated the general audience. Same recently with the Box Office Pro tracking, some are already saying that they're faking numbers lol. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Is so funny to me how when the Fandango poll got posted on social media the comments were like "who's excited for The Little Mermaid", "who want to see a Disney remake", "take it out of there"(it's a poll lmao), "it's going to flop" (especially on Facebook) like yeah dude surprise you're beef with a children movie doesn't representated the general audience. Same recently with the Box Office Pro tracking, some are already saying that they're faking numbers lol. 

They are going to be so pressed when this get good reviews and becomes a box office hit. It will be fun.