CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

There are 3 pee times in Apocalypse according to this app. They actually tell you to miss the scene where

Spoiler

Apocalypse wrecks an entire city to built the pyramid.

These guys don't understand me. 

Fuck this app!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrqe93 said:

If Alice 2 flops, what's to blame?

Depp or piracy?

Depp, piracy isn't an issue there's hasn't been any really true big hits inside the box office lately. Also it's an unnecessary sequel. Here's an article from late 2011 by the late Roger Ebert that's about ticket sales and its still somewhat relevant today. http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/ill-tell-you-why-movie-revenue-is-dropping

1 minute ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Turn your fucking phone off in the cinema. Seriously dude it's not hard. And if you honestly think that a low-brightness phone doesn't disturb anyone then you are delusional.

I usually go to the loo once or twice in a film. I got no issue with anyone going to the loo. But if you need to pee just go fucking pee, don't fuck around with your phone and setting vibrations and notifications and plot summaries and shit. Jeez.

First of all, it's only turning the timer on at the very beginning, like after a logo fades.  Second of all, I usually sit in the very back corner so as it doesn't reflect to anyone as well.  Third of all, the notification is literally a small vibration.  If you feel it in your pocket, just walk out, go to the bathroom, and read it while doing your business.  I never take it out until I'm completely out of the theater.

By the way why are you allowing an app to make judgments on a film for you? How do you define an "unimportant" scene, and how can the app know what you think is good or bad. 

Why don't you just sit at home next time you want to see a movie, and just read the Wikipedia plot summary, since you don't actually want to watch the film.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

When I'm watching Gone Girl I always make sure to go take a shit when we get to Pike at the motel

Interstellar...enter Dr. Mann.

Time to poop!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chaz said:

Uh, I have never gone to a 10 p.m. movie on release night. I've either done midnights or 7-8 p.m. So no.

Yeah, you did.  

After Aurora, things quickly changed to 10pm.  It started at 10 for a while, then went to 9, then 8 and now were here at 7, sometimes 6 and Turtles is 5:00pm next week.  So who the fuck knows what's next.

Oh, right....4.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There are 3 pee times in Apocalypse according to this app. They actually tell you to miss the scene where

Hide contents

Apocalypse wrecks an entire city to built the pyramid.

Fuck this app!

That's why I usually look at the recommend peetime and try to go there.  I'll only go to any others if it's an absolute emergency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck this app!

Why would you need to take 3 pee breaks during one movie

• Like 2

This app is actually pretty cool. They do nail some shit scenes that you can go pee. And they only set up three pee moments and even tell you some are not very good and to use only in case of emergency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why would you need to take 3 pee breaks during one movie

You only need one. They give 3 suggestions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, you did.  

After Aurora, things quickly changed to 10pm.  It started at 10 for a while, then went to 9, then 8 and now were here at 7, sometimes 6 and Turtles is 5:00pm next week.  So who the fuck knows what's next.

Oh, right....4.

Here most big movies just get released on the Thursday and all the Thursday sales are 'previews' that count towards the OW .