CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

Turns out it was a lot more frontloaded then I expected. A similar preview number to DOFP, made me think it was at least going to do maybe 80m 3-day. I guess not.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 1

looks like Alice 2 and Apocalypse combined will do about 10m more than DOFP 4-day

38-41 + 80-83 = 118-124 (compared to 110.6)

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

X-men had been going on for 16 years. They have made like 9 movies. Being the 4th superhero movie in 4 months didn't help ethier

If there had never been an Xmen film before ever and this year the first xmen film ever came out it would probably be massive. But hey, that's not the case.

The fanbase isn't gonna grow

Which is why we're hearing about significant changes in future X-movies, with Wolverine 3 being his final one, New Mutants introducing a bunch of new mutants (and them actually being given the chance to star in a movie, as opposed to just playing bit roles next to the regular cast), and X-Force likely putting Deadpool in a team situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frozen said:

Also I feel bad for Mia. She can't seem to get a hit. She's not a bad actress. 

The first and only thing many people saw her in was Alice 1. 

I dont know about the girl's ability but she played one of the dullest characters I've seen in a movie.

2 minutes ago, kitik said:

Which is why we're hearing about significant changes in future X-movies, with Wolverine 3 being his final one, New Mutants introducing a bunch of new mutants (and them actually being given the chance to star in a movie, as opposed to just playing bit roles next to the regular cast), and X-Force likely putting Deadpool in a team situation.

Does anybody really give a fuck about New Mutants though? If I were Fox I would cut my losses and focus on X-Force.

This is the end of the X-Men franchise. They can't do another sequel with this cast. Time for a reboot in 8 years (Wolverine 3 happening is a good thing since it will give them more time to plan the reboot).

• Like 3

Alice 2 might not do 40M over the 4 day weekend. Again, that is below the OD of the first movie. Let that sink in. This is the end of Depp's career.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is the end of the X-Men franchise. They can't do another sequel with this cast. Time for a reboot in 8 years (Wolverine 3 happening is a good thing since it will give them more time to plan the reboot).

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Alice 2 might not do 40M over the 4 day weekend. Again, that is below the OD of the first movie. Let that sink in. This is the end of Depp's career.

End of the current X-Men and the end of Johnny Depp?

My, it feels good to be a fanboy of a franchise that just started... :P

• Like 1

Singer lost his mojo.

Let Tim Miller become the creative head of the X-men universe.

Try fun, imaginative and accurate X-men movies for a change.

Audiences have grown tired of the Singer formula.

Dark Phoenix is one of the greatest comic stories and hardly anyone anticipates Singer's version.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It could be argued that Depp's career was already almost dead. Then the latest controversy kill and buried it completely.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Singer lost his mojo.

Let Tim Miller become the creative head of the X-men universe.

Try fun, imaginative and accurate X-men movies for a change.

Audiences have grown tired of the Singer formula.

Dark Phoenix is one of the greatest comic stories and hardly anyone anticipates Singer's version.

Agreed.

Visionary Tim Miller is what Hollywood needs right now.

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Did X-men and Alice cannibalize each other?

I mean, the bad reviews didn't help but releasing them the same day? Suicide.

June 10th looks like a bloodbath.

• Like 2

Ridiculous indeed, what's funny is seeing naysayers calling for Singer's head just because they read some reviews and go along with it, without having seen the movie. Let's not forget he gave us X-Men 2 and DOFP, so now, he slips up a little according to some with Apocalypse and he needs to be removed? Geez. 

• Like 6