CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

10 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

And this is another thing I've brought up countless times, only to be met with ridicule and so much, it's put in the title of the thread out of mockery as though it's more of a big deal on my end then it is everyone else... Piracy is a problem that, face it, today's generation doesn't give a rats ass about if it doesn't affect them.. All this bullshit like "Some people can't afford to go to the movies, so they resort to this" is exactly that: Bullshit and especially when they can afford the latest Apple iPhone every Quarter complete with a monthly plan to go along with it, but can't afford to go to the movies and pay properly, so they pirate it..

Ultron was one of last year's most pirated movies but that didn't seem to be the narrative with that movie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Boy, I really hate to keep repeating this shit, but, BvsS was technically WB/DC's version of The AVENGERS, even if the other members were mere cameo's, that's not how it was marketed and as a result, when a movie with 2 of DC's biggest superheroes can't even match The AVENGERS OW, then I'm sorry, but yes, it was an utter disappointment and dare I say, bomb if you weren't to include the WW Number to save it's ass and even then, it's pathetic when something like this can't break 1B on these names alone.. When MARVEL is able to achieve this with their 13th movie and BvsS can't even break 900M WW off it's 2nd DCEU movie, it sucks.. No spinning it folks no matter what the self proclaimed box office experts will tell you.. It's not..

Some might argue that Justice League is the DCEU version of The Avengers. Scott Mendelson had a good piece arguing that perhaps the DCEU was never going to reach the Avengers' heights and they needed to recalibrate their expectations and budgets.

• Like 1

Just now, No Prisoners said:

I do. It can be used as "tanked after the open" Therefore it tanked.  You're usage is exclusively  

USinformal
fail completely, especially at great financial cost.

There is more than one meaning for every word and they can be interpreted.  Most will say it failed as a picture, and there is great financial cost in what they have to do about its franchise future.

I'm amazed how the DC fanboys @CJohn @Baumer deny the piracy effect on CW and incessantly continur to defend an obvious major disappointment.

I'm neutral. I'm with Spielberg. I look forward to all of them tanking and some new things come along.  

HOW DO YOU KNOW DC FAN BOYS SO WELL?

quote-i-think-of-a-man-and-i-take-away-r

Liking this just for quoting one of my favorite movies.

• Like 1

What an absolute shit show of a weekend.

I DO think there are some reasons why the X-Men opening makes more sense than some of us are willing to believe.  Cast wise, this is literally a sequel to First Class (and is a continuation of that storyline).   I also think DoFP truly may have been the ceiling for the franchise, in the same way that Avengers will be the ceiling for MCU.  It had great reviews and was truly what the franchise had been building up to for 7+ films.  It was the outlier, not the standard.

Again, I'm not saying the weekend isn't somewhat disappointing.  But we've been spoiled by 100+ openers over the past two years and everything feels like a let down when it doesn't hit those marks.  Even thinks that probably never had a chance of doing so.

Edited by RyneOh1040

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Disney Marvel plugs Iron Man into everything and everyone comes roaring back. If they use his character the way he was used in his own film, then they can still make him the center of their cinematic universe. However, if they want to meddle in things and get too involved with his character like they did in Wolverine Origins then lol. 

Well to be fair they've had in 3 non IM solo movies, TA1, TA2 and CW. Seeing as how he's a member of the Avengers and part of the CW storyline, it makes sence for him to be there. 

I'm just worried that Fox is going to overcompensate with DP and think he has to be in every non solo DP movie as well. Then again, I guess they could make have him make some joke about being every damn movie lol

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I do. It can be used as "tanked after the open" Therefore it tanked.  You're usage is exclusively  

USinformal

There is more than one meaning for every word and they can be interpreted.  Most will say it failed as a picture, and there is great financial cost in what they have to do about its franchise future.

I'm amazed how the DC fanboys @CJohn @Baumer deny the piracy effect on CW and incessantly continur to defend an obvious major disappointment.

I'm neutral. I'm with Spielberg. I look forward to all of them tanking and some new things come along.  

:rofl: 

You are delusional man. I have said time and time again BvS underperformed. But it didn't tanked. But as you have shown, you have no idea what you are talking about and everything you say is nonsense. That is why people laugh at you and your stupid dumb theories. Piracy had 0 effect on Civil War. 0. 

Calling Baumer a DC fanboy is also absolutely insane in every possible way.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I honestly don't see how CIVIL WAR ends up under 400M Domestic at this point??? After this weekend, it'll be damn close..

Do the math on 50% WoW weekly drops starting with next week's 60% drop after this week's (fri-thu) holiday inflated $20m

11 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

USinformal

Sad people with sad wishes. But whatever that makes you feel good.

Lol, Spielberg is overrated as fuck.

Edited by AStarWarsFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

Can this movie even breach 200 million with that number and upcoming competition ?

No. Might not do 150M, let alone 200M :lol: 

Why is CW being around IM3 a bad thing? IM3 had a superb performance coming on the heels of TA. CW is doing very good by matching it. It was never going to match TWS legs.

MCU movies auds are set and they will.not increase. Even IW movies will fall in the range of AOU and that is excellent. These movies will not match The Avengers in any way. That was an event and novelty which none of the remaining movies can match.

Edited by jb007
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

What an absolute shit show of a weekend.

I DO think there are some reasons why the X-Men opening makes more sense than some of us are willing to believe.  Cast wise, this is literally a sequel to First Class (and is a continuation of that storyline).   I also think DoFP truly may have been the ceiling for the franchise, in the same way that Avengers will be the ceiling for MCU.  It had great reviews and was truly what the franchise had been building up to for 7+ films.  It was the outlier, not the standard.

Again, I'm not saying the weekend isn't somewhat disappointing.  But we've been spoiled by 100+ openers over the past two years and everything feels like a let down when it doesn't hit those marks.  Even thinks that probably never had a chance of doing so.

How can DOFP be the ceiling when Last Stand actually made more several years earlier (domestically).

Just now, moviesRus said:

How can DOFP be the ceiling when Last Stand actually made more several years earlier (domestically).

He probably meant the ceiling WW (and X3 only did like 1M more than DoFP DOM).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Unless the franchise goes away completely for several years and gets rebooted, these numbers are probably par the course. Days of Future Past was an outlier.

It will get rebooted for sure.