ddddeeee

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children | 9/30/16

"Fox also announced that Peregrine's Home for Peculiars will hit theaters that same month, on July 31, 2015. The film, based on the the debut novel by Ransom Riggs, will be directed by Tim Burton from a script by X-Men: First Class writer Jane Goldman. The story follows a teenage boy who is transported to an island where he must help protect a group of orphans with special powers from creatures out to destroy them."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/independence-day-2-peregrines-home-572665

This is so exciting.

• Like 2

Riggs’s characters will also get the chance to flaunt their peculiarity on the silver screen. 20th Century Fox bought film rights to the book, and Jane Goldman, screenwriter of X-Men: First Class,came on board to pen the screenplay. Riggs said he’s had “some peeks” at the script and has offered occasional advice. “The studio has asked me questions about things like how the time-travel aspect of the novel works, and about the rules of the book’s universe,” he said. “That’s very comforting, because I know they’re paying attention to details.”

Asked if he expects to be invited onto the set after filming begins next year, the author is quick to respond: “I certainly hope so. I plan to make my presence known – and, of course, bother them a lot!”

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-book-news/article/60004-ransom-riggs-returns-to-miss-peregrine-s-home-with-hollow-city.html

This is most definitely moving.

• Like 1

Official synopsis from Fox

From director Tim Burton and based upon the best-selling novel by Ransom Riggs, comes an unforgettable, thrilling and haunting tale.Sixteen-year-old Jacob follows clues that take him to a mysterious island where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores the abandoned bedrooms and hallways, he discovers that its former occupants were far more than peculiar; they possessed incredible powers. And they may still be alive

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2014/06/18/synopsis-for-tim-burtons-miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children/

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1

PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIARS moves from July 31, 2015 to Mar. 4, 2016.

The move sucks as I don't want to wait that much longer to see it. However, it was expected that it wasn't going to make the July 2015 date.