WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

next week is Father's Day. Warcraft, Now You See Me 2, Ninja Turtles, X-Men, and Civil War will have either minuscule Sunday drops or even increases on Sunday

i doubt Warcraft is. It went from 30m estimate to barely beating NYSM 2. Probably will have the biggest drop of the top 10 next weekend.

3 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

yeah but I mean for the rest of the world it is up to Friday.

Yes, it doesn't. It also opened in a few countries this week I think. 

Just now, babz06 said:

i doubt Warcraft is. It went from 30m estimate to barely beating NYSM 2. Probably will have the biggest drop of the top 10 next weekend.

next week the drop will be softened and then the following week it will completely fall apart. 

28 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

All things considered that's pretty darn spiffy for Conjuring 2 (and by all things, I mean competition, sequelitis, and a slight drop in reception). Should have a nice leggy run, based on that IM. Really feeling a 45+ or even 50 mill breakout for Central Intelligence- marketing has really ramped up, and a high-concept comedy with two of the biggest current draws in Hollywood (The Rock is probably in the top five or even top three of current draws, whereas Will Ferrell had dropped dramatically) just screams hit.

Absolutely. No comedy on the market. Movie stars and comedies are where movie stars can help. Also, finally something fresh and different. The movie is primed to score.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I actually thought the next weekend with Both Jurassic World and Inside Out was even more fun

Here's hoping that next week's weekend w/Finding Dory, Central Intelligence, hopefully a good drop for The Conjuring 2 and the remaining bloodbath of holdovers is just as much fun. Whatever happens, money is gonna rain on Hollywood.

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Civil War w/a half decent drop about 5 weeks too late. Still, better late than ever, eh?

I think they're over-estimating the Sunday drop yet again. They did last week by 10%, I think it will happen again this week.

4 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

Hey CJohn, does the Sunday number look realistic for XMA? It seems overly bullish. That Saturday number also looks fudged as it comes too neat.

Sunday drop seems pretty reasonable to me, it's the highest projected int the top 10.

Maybe Saturday is a tad high, but there's no reason for that to be overly fudged. X-Men movies tend to have really strong Saturdays and weak Fridays.

4 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

Hey CJohn, does the Sunday number look realistic for XMA? It seems overly bullish. That Saturday number also looks fudged as it comes too neat.

They went with the rounded 10M number. It will probably come a bit below that. I also think Conjuring 2 will come below 40M. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

X-Men dropped dead OS. :sadben: 

530 million seems to be the final rest place.

Euro Cup killed it. 

Edited by MrPink

Alice 2 is going to make a little over 1/5th of the original's gross. Dreadful.

I guess you're referring to DOM? Dollars are dollars everywhere. And yes, I know it still is a flop even if it makes $300 million WW...

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

530 million seems to be the final rest place.

Euro Cup killed it. 

Don't forget Copa America is killing the business in South America.