WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So how often does this sort of thing occur folks when going to see a movie??? Let's say this was a 1PM showing and it was this empty: Wouldn't they just cancel showing the movie knowing no one gave 0 fucks about it to not show up???

If it was empty yeah, but if it has one person they have to show the movie. I saw Neighbors 2 alone at a 1 PM show 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

It still looks decent for 500M WW, but not more.

5.5 Japan

7 China

12 domestic

502 WW.

Under DoFP OS total :sadben: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superweirdo87 said:

It still looks decent for 500M WW, but not more.

5.5 Japan

7 China

12 domestic

502 WW.

It'll make closer to 15-20 domestically, and you expect the rest of the world outside China and Japan to stop selling tickets as of today? 520 million is the absolute minimum.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 8

So how often does this sort of thing occur folks when going to see a movie??? Let's say this was a 1PM showing and it was this empty: Wouldn't they just cancel showing the movie knowing no one gave 0 fucks about it to not show up???

Apprently Regal shows the entire movie even if no one shows up. Also this was last nights screening. 10:20pm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

It'll make closer to 15-20 domestically, and you expect the rest of the world outside China and Japan to stop selling tickets as of today? 520 million is the absolute minimum.

Barely above DoFP OS total :sadben: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

No, I was just going as conservative as possible.

When I saw Civil War a few weeks ago on a Wednesday afternoon showing, it was dead empty except me and my brother. Turns out I hate empty theaters.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

If it was empty yeah, but if it has one person they have to show the movie. I saw Neighbors 2 alone at a 1 PM show 2 weeks ago. 

It's so crazy watching a movie alone.

I remember when I got to watch Resident Evil Apocalypse. I was alone and it was weird...lol

Anyway, X-Men will probably finish with 155-160 million domestic ( very weak domestic numbers ) and 410 million overseas.  Something between 550/575 million for its final worldwide gross. Fox got a huge profit with Deadpool, so I guess they have to be happy with Apocalypse not crashing completely.

You can expect them to pull a Downey Jr move with Ryan Reynolds, though. Deadpool will probably start appearing in X-Men, in order to give a boost.

Warcraft is dead, in my view. It won't be making 500 million worldwide and no sequel will be confirmed for a while. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Are we sure anyone outside of the BOT forum showed up in theaters to watch Popstar? Because I am pretty sure nobody else did :lol: 

My showing for it last night was soldout.  I'm not joking, I bought the last two tickets

Then again, it was an evening Saturday show at the Alamo Drafthouse.  Everything sells out there.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Are we sure anyone outside of the BOT forum showed up in theaters to watch Popstar? Because I am pretty sure nobody else did :lol: 

There were like 5 other people at my showing yesterday. Movie certainly doesn't deserve to be doing this terrible. But it was always going to be the kind of movie that'll find its widest audience on home video anyway.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

My showing for it last night was soldout.  I'm not joking, I bought the last two tickets

Hide contents

Then again, it was an evening Saturday show at the Alamo Drafthouse.  Everything sells out there.

I see there is still a bit of Fel left in you :jeb!::redcapes: 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

286.1M WW, and that is after China went crazy. Looks like Warcraft will top out at O/U 500M WW with half of that coming from China. The rest of the world didn't care at all about the movie by the looks of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's so crazy watching a movie alone.

I remember when I got to watch Resident Evil Apocalypse. I was alone and it was weird...lol

Anyway, X-Men will probably finish with 155-160 million domestic ( very weak domestic numbers ) and 410 million overseas.  Something between 550/575 million for its final worldwide gross. Fox got a huge profit with Deadpool, so I guess they have to be happy with Apocalypse not crashing completely.

You can expect them to pull a Downey Jr move with Ryan Reynolds, though. Deadpool will probably start appearing in X-Men, in order to give a boost.

Warcraft is dead, in my view. It won't be making 500 million worldwide and no sequel will be confirmed for a while. 

But, Deadpool has to be in X-Force. X-Force has the potential to be huge for them and so it makes sense for them to put a lot of their chips on Deadpool and X-Force. If they try to use him to rescue X-Men, there is potential for overkill. They can only use him so much and his sequels and X-Force make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I'm so confused. What happened to Warcraft's overseas number? What happened to 300M?

The Euros killed the box office in Europe, and Copa America did the same in South America. Must have hit it hard since it is targeting the same demos who are at home watching the matches.

• Like 1