FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

With the level of talent at WDAS right now, I honestly wouldn't be totally opposed to this. Only if they can pull a Toy Story though and match the quality of the first, which is a tall order. 

They already made Lion King sequels, you know. They weren't from the original studio, but they exist.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, WiR would be a recent example. Though Uni has one too now what with Nintendoland coming to several Universal parks worldwide. 

Anything outside of Wreck-it-Ralph? Would you say that the Walt Disney Company has a special relationship with Warner Bros because Bugs Bunny was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

NYSM2 is shit btw. Like, a brutal disappointment. The first is fun but this one is meh and the last 5 minutes are completely stupid and make no sense. 

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Both are still too niche and video gamey to do well, imo. Elder Scrolls would be the best bet as far as fantasy video game adaptations. It is much more in line with LotR or GoT in its ability to be mainstream and break out of the nerd stigma. 

But is it popular enough that it warrants doing that rather than adapting a great or even good Fantasy novel or series?

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

NYSM2 is shit btw. Like, a brutal disappointment. The first is fun but this one is meh and the last 5 minutes are completely stupid and make no sense. 

Completely stupid is a term I used for all of NYSM.

So sad they took a couple of Nolan alums and make them go through hat. :depp:

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The people voted in the US as well by not buying tickets.  :P

It appears that there are simply  more die hard fanboys of Warcraft in China.  The second w/e drop in China looks like it's going to be around 65% and that's coming off a w/e where last Sunday acted more like a Monday.  It's also been very front loaded in other markets like the UK and SK.

Yes, we can all vote w/ our $$$. Just in China, the people actually watched the movie to determine its quality. Here in the US, that decision was made w/o spending a dime.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I was rooting for the bad guys. Seriously, is there anyone who will watch that movie and not root for Radclfife, Caine, and wacky twin Woody Harrelson over the Horseman?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Yes, we can all vote w/ our $$$. Just in China, the people actually watched the movie to determine its quality. Here in the US, that decision was made w/o spending a dime.

Voting not to spend $ is voting.  Otherwise everyone would see every movie.  Unless you pay to see every movie released, you do the same.  People in China are currently not voting to spend a lot of money on Finding Dory.  That's the way the cookie crumbles.  

Bad reviews didn't make people not see Warcraft.  People still came out opening weekend to see Batman v Superman because the characters and concept appealed.  WOM killed it's legs not reviews.  The same is happening with Warcraft except it appealed to far fewer from the get go.  Now either that's because of the property or what people saw of the film in marketing.  But it's not the critics fault or the audiences fault it didn't appeal and it's not their fault WOM wasn't strong enough to appeal to the non hardcore fanboy.  This was not a small film with a limited marketing budget that slipped under the radar.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

You do realize that a shitty RT scores doesn't make a movie ineligible for making money, right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

NYSM1 is stupid but it is fun and very entertaining. The twist is hilarious but I liked it. 

NYSM2 is stupid. That is it. The action scenes are so poorly shot I had no clue what was happening. There are two great scenes, one involving cards in the middle of the movie and another one that is all over the trailers (Jesse controlling the rain). That is it.

13 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I thought you were into that kind of thing :lol:

I am. But not when it is THAT absurd. I still don't understand what happened at the end and what Morgan Freeman meant to say.

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I was rooting for the bad guys. Seriously, is there anyone who will watch that movie and not root for Radclfife, Caine, and wacky twin Woody Harrelson over the Horseman?

Caine was sleep walking. Radcliffe and twin Woody Harrelson were bizarre, ridiculous and awesome. The two best things by far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I still don't understand why they had twin Harrelson. It would have worked much better if they just got a different actor playing a younger or older brother.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I still don't understand why they had twin Harrelson. It would have worked much better if they just got a different actor playing a younger or older brother.

Nope. It was bizarre and awesome. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The Nolan alums you speak of have shown time and time again that they're no strangers to slumming for paychecks.

Just now, filmlover said:

The Nolan alums you speak of have shown time and time again that they're no strangers to slumming for paychecks.

Oh, they were slumming indeed. I was sure they would fall asleep at some point. 

Just now, filmlover said:

But as far as we know, Michael CoCaine didn't get a beach house for NYSM like he did for Jaws: The Revenge.

Or what if...they're slumming in the Nolan movies? :sadben:

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Yeah it's not like this is as bad as Jaws: The Revenge or Transcendence. 

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

But as far as we know, Michael CoCaine didn't get a beach house for NYSM like he did for Jaws: The Revenge.

Or what if...they're slumming in the Nolan movies? :sadben:

Very likely yes.