WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm waiting to rent The Shallows, the trailers weren't bad but nothing screamed that I needed to see it in theaters. 

It's so much better than some of the films that are out right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

It's so much better than some of the films that are out right now. 

That's not much of a feat :lol: I haven't been to the theater since CW and won't be back until Ghostbusters or Star Trek.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's not much of a feat :lol: I haven't been to the theater since CW and won't be back until Ghostbusters or Star Trek.

Okay then lol I thought you'd watched the last few big releases in theaters that's why I made that comment. Honestly though it's worth a matinee. Its not like some beautiful masterpiece but what it's supposed to do, it does really really well. But again it doesn't sound like you're a theater goer so I don't know haha Or a theater goer with these films out right now...I don't blame you though 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The next movie I'm actually excited to see is Ghostbusters. In Feig I trust.

There's nothing I'm really enthralled to see until Jason Bourne (probably see Life of Pets and Star Trek though)

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I thought you were comparing its quality to Prometheus for a moment and was about ready to throw down lol.

Oh no not in quality. I really liked Prometheus, I liked when I saw it in the theater and still do

like it I even bought the DVD to have it in my collection and got it real cheap at a garage sale.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Okay then lol I thought you'd watched the last few big releases in theaters that's why I made that comment. Honestly though it's worth a matinee. Its not like some beautiful masterpiece but what it's supposed to do, it does really really well. But again it doesn't sound like you're a theater goer so I don't know haha Or a theater goer with these films out right now...I don't blame you though 

I haven't seen the first Conjuring so I don't want to go into the sequel blind

Like I said above Dory is exclusive to a bad theater

I don't have much interest in Apocalypse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I haven't seen the first Conjuring so I don't want to go into the sequel blind

Like I said above Dory is exclusive to a bad theater

I don't have much interest in Apocalypse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apocalypse gave me a headache. You're not missing anything by not watching it. But damn having this conversation right now made me realize just how weak most of the movies have been this year. There's only a few exceptions in my book. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Shallows is a good matinee choice. "Steven Seagull" needs to be nominated for Best Supporting Actor, not gonna lie.

True Story 

I mean 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

I finally saw X-Men: Age of Apocalypse and it was a perfectly serviceable CBM, I'm not sure what some folks were expecting. I would have liked to see expanded roles for Psylocke and Jubilee but other than that it was fine. It was pretty well acted. Even Jennifer Lawrence, who some say slept walked through the film was fine in my view. Fassbender and McAvoy are so great. And I was hyped after seeing the post-credit. If we get you know who as the next villain then it's all the 90s nostalgia I need. 

Apocalypse was a pretty generic villain but he at least felt like a true threat to humanity. My one gripe was all the green screen, the CGI didn't look too hot. I'm not sure what happened there.  Before I forget, Quiksilver also was a pleasure. Great character they have with him moving forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

True Story 

I'm living for the fact that Mrs. Deadpool has been struggling to breakthrough with the proper vehicle for her entire film career and now she's finally found it...in a movie in which her co-star (and the only other person in the film with substantial screen time other than that CGI shark) is a fucking seagull. lmao.

• Like 2

Well, I can't hide my love for Shallows.  Sharks, as most of you know, terrify the hell out of me.  Open Water is perhaps the scariest film I have ever seen.  The Shallows isn't as scary but it is just as intense.  And it is from start to finish.  Some of the visuals in this film are breathtaking.  Some of them you can see in the trailers and others you have to go to the theater.  I really think this is going to find an audience.  The wom should be outstanding, in spite of what @filmlover says.  And yes, Steven Seagall is outstanding as well.

• Like 1