WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

Films live and die with the opening weekend in this film climate. But there are still examples of films that start off slowly and pick up steam with great WOM.  I really think this can be one of those films.

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, it might just be a freak anomaly and I probably got your hopes up for nothing. But still though, surprising for a non-blockbuster at that theater...

I don't have my hopes up.  I'm hoping for a 6 million Friday so it has a shot at 15 mill for the OW.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

A bunch of moms probably thought blake lively was dory and took their kids to see The Shallows. 

3 tickets to the movie in the water starring that blond haired woman please.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, it might just be a freak anomaly and I probably got your hopes up for nothing. But still though, surprising for a non-blockbuster at that theater...

The Shallows currently has 12,200 tweets with a 13:1 positive to negative ratio. And then you have ID:R, a supposed blockbuster with 19,300 and a 1:1 ratio. Then you have DORY with a bazillion tweets and a 14:1 ratio. The people have spoken. They want their ocean movies. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Would be just lovely to see just about anything get a 4x multi this summer. I want to at least know it can still happen! 

screen%20shot%202016-03-03%20at%209.13.1

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I didn't expect this INDEPENDENCE DAY RESURGENCE number at all. Another movie ruining my summer game. wtf

Lol. Fox can't make a great summer tentpole to save their lives. 2014 was an abberation. Hopefully, next year, kingsman 2 and War of the planet of the apes will be great. But I won't be shocked if both underperform at the boxoffice because of fox's marketing. Worst big studio.

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Films live and die with the opening weekend in this film climate. But there are still examples of films that start off slowly and pick up steam with great WOM.  I really think this can be one of those films.

OW is huge, but legs are still consequential. Deadpool had a sensational OW, but its legs helped it get some of the feathers in its cap. BvS did quite well, but a lot of people in top 10 of 2017 saw a sharp fall for Justice League from BvS. If its legs were more like Man of Steel or Spider-Man 3 or X-Men:The Last Stand, I think WB would be happier. 

Legs might decide the podium places for Rogue One and Civil War.

Edited by superweirdo87

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

OW is huge, but legs are still consequential. Deadpool had a sensational OW, but its legs helped it get some of the feathers in its cap. BvS did quite well, but a lot of people in top 10 of 2017 saw a sharp fall for Justice League from BvS. If its legs were more like Man of Steel or Spider-Man 3 or X-Men:The Last Stand, I think WB would be happier. 

Legs might decide the podium places for Rogue One and Civil War.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are trying to say.  I was talking about The Shallows.  

And BvS didn't do well at all.  It made money and overall, 825 mill is fine, but it should have done much more.

3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Lol. Fox can't make a great summer tentpole to save their lives. 2014 was an abberation. Hopefully, next year, kingsman 2 and War of the planet of the apes will be great. But I won't be shocked if both underperform at the boxoffice because of fox's marketing. Worst big studio.

Fox should just let Deadpool market the rest of their films. Heck you wanna save ID:R? Just take it off the screen and have Ryan Reynolds do a bunch of spontaneous Deadpool videos. I mean that erectile dysfunction commercial that Deadpool did was better than ID:R. :popcorn:

• Like 3