WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

STX Entertainment is just their name. They focus on movies with some sort of star and budgets in the 20-60m range. They have some financing through partnerships with Chinese companies, and they have distribution deals worked out with AMC, Regal, Cinemark, and Carmike. They also have a deal with Showtime, and another deal with Universal (who handles HV distribution for them).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

STX Entertainment is just their name. They focus on movies with some sort of star and budgets in the 20-60m range. They have some financing through partnerships with Chinese companies, and they have distribution deals worked out with AMC, Regal, Cinemark, and Carmike. They also have a deal with Showtime, and another deal with Universal (who handles HV distribution for them).

Yeah, but I've always wondered what each alphabet in STX stands for.

6 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

Yeah, but I've always wondered what each alphabet in STX stands for.

I'm reasonably certain it stands for 'Sup TeXas, because the founders are big fans of the Alamo Drafthouse.

5 minutes ago, TLK said:

I don't think Swiss Army Man is going to expand well if its Weekend performance is an indication. $48k on Friday and only $21k on Sunday.

It's doomed no matter what in expansion. I've seen the trailer before a few movies and each time it's gotten a "WTF is this?" reaction each time.

16 minutes ago, BK007 said:

has anyone spoken yet about the Alice in Wonderland fudge? so bloody obvious

higher pta on its whatever weekend than its 2nd?

it lost like 70% of its theatres.

The power of drive ins.

17 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Gotta give Blake credit...Shallows is like...the second movie besides Dory to exceed expectations this summer?  Ok maybe third, that Emilia Clarke movie.

The Shallows had a decent OW. Now I'm interested to see its legs before claiming that but yea this summer so far has been terrible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

The Shallows had a decent OW. Now I'm interested to see its legs before claiming that but yea this summer so far has been terrible. 

Decent, and much better than expected.

And a The Shallows definitely has good legs.  Thank you Blake.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Decent, and much better than expected.

And a The Shallows definitely has good legs.  Thank you Blake.

We will see where it's headed based on Tuesdays numbers. 

Anna Kendrick, Emily Blunt, Elizabeth Olsen, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Felicity Jones, Keira Knightley, Jennifer Lawrence, Margot Robbie, Brie Larson, Alicia Vikander, Lily James, etc.

LMAO at any of those women coming close to Blake's looks other than jlaw and margot.

The others are either unappealing or not recognizable at all.

You have to be kidding if you think this movie starring brie larson,alicia, elizabeth, anna, emily or keira knightley would have made over 8m

Jlaw = 20m debut

Blake = 16,7m debut

Those will do 10m at best