WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

10 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Then I sure hope you have a loop of their past movies going in your head because they're both terrible in this film. I was especially disappointed with how little Monroe had to do after her solid work in the still-underrated It Follows.

Monroe is hot and  I hear Goldblum is a saving grace. That giant alien is also kind of cool looking 

I think Fox marketed this as best they could. All the cool-lookin' shit is front and center. So are the better jokes. They had TV spots on major networks during major programming. They have web-ads blanketing popular sites. What else are they supposed to do?

• Like 1

Just now, Free State of Tele said:

I think Fox marketed this as best they could. All the cool-lookin' shit is front and center. So are the better jokes. They had TV spots on major networks during major programming. They have web-ads blanketing popular sites. What else are they supposed to do?

Make a better movie?

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

The general audience is gaining a spidey-sense where they can smell a turd a mile away.

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Make a better movie?

Maybe, some would argue that they could have hyped the nostalgia angle. I do wonder, though, about the power of marketing in general. A lot of people talk about marketing being good and selling the movie. But, I wonder if what they ascribe to marketing is actually the stuff of the movie itself. One economist opined that no amount of marketing hype or star power could alter the fact that the audience is what makes a hit and the movie is the real star of the show.

4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Really don't quote me on this as my math can be shaky, but The Shallows looks like it might be going $6m+ on Friday.  

1 minute ago, Free State of Tele said:

@Baumer will be doing the Snoopy happy dance. 

Please be true.....I need it to somehow someway hit $15M. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

On the same token of don't quote me because math can be shaky, but Independence Day might be closer to $15m or $16m.  

Not good, the first one opened to 17.4m, on Tuesday.