WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Tbh I think Fox did the best they could. The movie itself is a turd, so they really didn't have much they could've spun gold out of.

Yeah, you can't polish a Turd.

Which is why I am pessimistc about Ghostbusters. They are either the most inept trailers in film history, or the film is just out and out bad. I am betting on the latter.

• Like 3

Just now, dudalb said:

Yeah, you can't polish a Turd.

Which is why I am pessimistc about Ghostbusters. They are either the most inept trailers in film history, or the film is just out and out bad. I am betting on the latter.

Roland Emmerich wishes he could make a movie as good as Paul Feig has (Independence Day 1 is considered his "masterpiece" and yet it isn't even as good as Feig's last three movies). I still have plenty of faith in Ghostbusters and believe that the marketing is probably not doing it justice.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have it at $50M on the dot actually but yeah, the loons will be out shouting doomsday when it doesn't meet their $300M+ expectations.

Is there anyone who is really rooting for Pets? Outside Baumer, of course.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Roland Emmerich wishes he could make a movie as good as Paul Feig has (Independence Day 1 is considered his "masterpiece" and yet it isn't even as good as Feig's last three movies). I still have plenty of faith in Ghostbusters and believe that the marketing is probably not doing it justice.

White House Down.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spy/Bridesmaids

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

ID4 might crawl over 400m worldwide at best. Less than ID4 1 made overseas!

Finding Dory also might not pass 1 billion. Will actually likely depend on the domestic box office

Well, those are two big surprises for this year. Especially if Finding Dory doesn't pass Zootopia. We won't know for sure until September, though.

The Secret Life of Pets will still do fine, though. Funny that Hollywood seeks out that "teenage boy" audience so much still when July's biggest movies will make most of their money either from families (Pets) or from adults (Ghostbusters, Star Trek, and Jason Bourne are likely to heavily skew over 25).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

and people said Warcraft would be great because Duncan Jones was directing. Or that John Carter would be amazing because Andrew Stanton was directing. Or Tomorrowland would be great because Brad Bird was directing. Hell even Fantastic Four was supposed to be good because Josh Trank had made Chronicle

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

still think IDR should have opened better. Reviews aren't much different than 2012 and that opened much better domestic and overseas

2012 was coming 5 years after the last big disaster movie, Day After Tomorrow. Also 2012 was loved by overseas audiences, I am not sure this is.

As for my personal opinion, I am seeing it today, I can't wait!

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

2012 was coming 5 years after the last big disaster movie, Day After Tomorrow. Also 2012 was loved by overseas audiences, I am not sure this is.

As for my personal opinion, I am seeing it today, I can't wait!

Yeah 2012's overseas performance was amazing. 603m with out 3D

• Like 1