Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Who would you go after first on Purge night, folks ?

I would hit every bank employe I could find than after, the lawyers.

I swear to god, any second someone is going to say Zack Snyder, and then this thread is going to turn just as bad as the BvS thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

If Pete's Dragon also bombs, which seems likely, that would be two costly bombs for Disney in one Summer. It kinda brings balance to their huge success stories this year.

Pete's Dragon is gonna be a big hit DOM even if I am not expecting that good of a numbers OS.

Jul 8: Pets 70M

Jul 15: Ghostbusters 50M

Jul 22: Star Trek 57M

Jul 29: Bourne 55M

Aug 5: Squad 110M

Aug 12: Pete's and Sausage at least 35M+

Aug 19: War Dogs 30M

The summer is about to get good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

If Pete's Dragon also bombs, which seems likely, that would be two costly bombs for Disney in one Summer. It kinda brings balance to their huge success stories this year.

They've already had Alice before The BFG. So they have two costly bombs already.

I don't think the budget for Pete's Dragon is that high, though. Probably $60M at most since they tend to be economical with projects that don't automatically read as sure things.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, CJohn said:

Pete's Dragon is gonna be a big hit DOM even if I am not expecting that good of a numbers OS.

So you are rooting for it? Thanks, that's the confirmation I've been waiting for:P

Just now, filmlover said:

They've already had Alice before The BFG. So they have costly bombs already.

I don't think the budget for Pete's Dragon is that high, though. Probably $60M at most since they tend to be economical with projects that don't automatically read as sure things.

Pete's Dragon probably cost around 100M. The CGI on the dragon looks pretty good. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

War Dogs 30M OW? LMAO.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Jul 8: Pets 95M

Jul 15: Ghostbusters 60M

Jul 22: Star Trek 60M

Aug 5: Squad 160M

Aug 12: Pete's 25M and Sausage 50M 

Edited by James
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, James said:

So you are rooting for it? Thanks, that's the confirmation I've been waiting for:P

No, I am predicting good numbers for it. Different stuff. 35/140 or something like that. OS it should do 80-100M.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It should but I doubt it.

yea its drops over the week haven't been catastrophic either so i don't see a 70% drop for IDR this weekend. Probably more like 55-60%. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pete's Dragon probably cost around 100M. The CGI on the dragon looks pretty good. 

War Dogs 30M OW? LMAO.

It's happening CJohn, the trailers have been good and the market is in a drought for R rated comedies.

I still don't get the big predictions for Sausage Party.

See above.

• Like 1

I still don't get the big predictions for Sausage Party.

It will open with 20-25M, which is great, and everyone will call it a flop.

saw the new trailer for war dogs that was like "WELCOME TO THE AMERICAN DREAM." wow that was barely subtext already. congrats. looks like todd phillips' PAIN & GAIN (bay's best btw) though so i'm there opening weekend.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's happening CJohn, the trailers have been good and the market is in a drought for R rated comedies.

The new trailer is good but I still don't see it breaking out. I am expecting around a 20-25M OW.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I like it! War Dogs doing 30 OW? Even with someone like Jonah Hill in it doesn't mean it's going to do huge. It should do Pain & Gain and Project X numbers at best. Lord Of War numbers at worst if it bombs.

I think Sausage Party looks hilarious but I know most of the GA won't be on board for such an "out-there" concept. Seems more likely to do similar business to The Nice Guys (another movie the Internet championed and the GA couldn't be moved to care about) than to blow up.

• Like 1