Ezen Baklattan

July 1-4 Weekend Estimates | Dory 50.2m, Tarzan 45.6m, Purge 34.8m, BFG 22.2m, IDR 20.2m

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

fuck all these movies. just watched re-animator for the first time on netflix. yoooo it ruled.

Best movie to explain oral sex to your kids.

Edited by The Futurist

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Told you all that Tarzan will do much better than expected. Also, I am confident it will outgross IDR domestically because it is WAYYYYY better. Critics are harsh on this one because of all the pre-release talk of budget and stuff. 

No they were harsh on it because it wasn't that good. It was no where near as bad as IDR but calling it WAYYYYY better is a reach. Besides as bad as IDR's OW, it hasn't had any catastrophic drops during the week. Tarzan will most likely open $10M less than IDR did OW for the three day and then have to play catch up. Either way they're both movies that are disappointing box office wise regardless of expectations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

FUCK YOU PINK. I WILL FIND YOU. AND I WILL KILL YOU. NEESON STYLE.

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

:rant:

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

tumblr_n1e2t8wUaj1res0oco8_r1_250.gif

66747102.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Told you all that Tarzan will do much better than expected. Also, I am confident it will outgross IDR domestically because it is WAYYYYY better. Critics are harsh on this one because of all the pre-release talk of budget and stuff. 

I don't see how Tarzan hits 100 million.  IDR will do that amount lmost for sure.

And Tarzan isn't doing well at all.  It cost 180 million dollars to make.  A 25 million opening weekend is not good at all.

• Like 1

That's a delish Dory increase! 58% looks like.

Pixar third summer Friday increases:

TS3: 40%

IO: 61%

FN: 69% (June)

Up: 71% (June)

MU: 37%

Cars: 55%

Brave: 25%

Wall-E: 25%

Ratatouille: 62%

Cars 2: 35%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't see how Tarzan hits 100 million.  IDR will do that amount lmost for sure.

And Tarzan isn't doing well at all.  It cost 180 million dollars to make.  A 25 million opening weekend is not good at all.

It's doing much better than expected. Because opening to $28M is so much better than opening to $23M for a $180M film. Like these are the same people who were saying BvS and CW had disappointing OWs. And both of those films opened to i don't know $135-145M more than what Tarzan is going to do. I guess cocaine is one hell of a drug. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

An 80's horror movie based off a Lovecraft story. It was on Tele's 100 Underappreciated list.

i just wanna note that i didn't watch it because it was on tele's list i didn't know. i am not a fuckboy.

• Like 1