WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

The summer of disappointing movies continues....from my perspective. But Pets is goin to be huge. 75% sold out at noon show.

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Fuck Dory

Fuck SLOP

Haven't seen Zootopia

Jungle Book is life

I honestly think you should give Zootopia a try. Some people act like it's the second coming of Christ and it's not but it might give you that sense of fun you were looking for with Secret Life of Pets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

Damn, that's impressive for Pets. Maybe this could hit $100m after all. Y'all haters corny with this Illumination mess. I can definitely see $40m+ for today, which would assure $100m easily. Animation is on crack this year.

Also pretty solid for Mike and Dave. Not sure how strong its weekend IM will be (teen comedies tend to crash and burn on Saturday in the summer) but it's promising so far. 

This is my favorite line from the forums all year.

• Like 2

Just now, BourneFan #1 said:

I honestly think you should give Zootopia a try. Some people act like it's the second coming of Christ and it's not but it might give you that sense of fun you were looking for with Secret Life of Pets.

I will see it. I've never not wanted to see it but I just never got around to it....yet.

today CA3 will be frumunda

CA3                                                        IM3

Wed $115,631
-11.8% / -46.8%
$405,846,312 / 62
$162,998
-32.3% / -48.5%
$453,126,252 / 62
$120,249
-6.9% / -45.3%
$405,806,520 / 62
$68,841
-7.8% / -53%
$255,384,620 / 62
Thu

$219,026
+34.4% / -28.4%
$453,345,278 / 63
$122,799
+2.1% / -41.2%
$405,929,319 / 63
$62,484
-9.2% / -51.8%
$255,447,104 / 63

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Rank the major animated movies from 2016 so far: Kung Fu Panda 3, Zootopia, Angry Birds, Finding Dory, and Secret Life of Pets.

Zootopia

Finding Dory

Kung Fu Panda 3

Angry Birds

Seeing SLOP at 4:30 EST.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I'm not good when it comes to Animals in Danger or animals being chased by people even if it's animated. But this film's tone was just completely dark and disturbing. There was nothing fun about it. Once it got from what pets do when their owners are gone to the pets being in danger it completely lost me. Now I have to admit my audience seemed to like it. They laughed quite a bit and there was even some Applause at the end of the movie. So I'm not saying that my opinion of it is going to be the general consensus. I'm just saying for me I was expecting a nice light animated summer film that I could laugh at and watch pets do some interesting and light funny things. This felt more like an animated horror movie to me.

I thought you liked horror movies, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol at Baumer hating SLOP after all his championing for it. Which is gonna sting more B, Dory crossing 500 or SLOP crossing 300? 

I don't care if secret life of.pets makes a pile of money. The marketing of it was fantastic and if people like it then so be it. It's just definitely not my kind of film. Finding Dory is a Pixar movie and Pixar inherently bothers me. So then Crossing 500 million will definitely bother me more than pets. I don't care if secret life of pets makes a pile of money. The marketing of it was fantastic and if people connect to it until be it. It's just definitely not my kind of film. Finding Dori is a Pixar movie and Pixar inherently bothers me. So them crossing 500 million will definitely bother me more than pets.

• Like 2