WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

They don't so long as I'm around.

Lol, I'm pretty well known on this forum and elsewhere for my love for Pixar films, but even I never went that far.

BTW Zootopia was amazing, so I'll agree with you on that.

Oh, FFS, Tele.

Animation is a medium, not a genre. Considering you're in LA and work in the entertainment industry editing films/episodes, that should have been obvious.

Also, I didn't hear you complain ONCE about The Floppit Trilogy. They are the supreme epitome of blockbuster films at their laziest and most uninspired. So why were you quiet? Oh, right...it's because you had a boner for them. And that's fine. But if you are going to criticize the film industry for their lack of creativity, then your target should go to the Hobbit trilogy and not freaking Zootopia. 

You old fart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Do we need to have another lesson on what the RT Tomato-meter actually means?  Really?

75% means 75% of reviewers recommended it be it 3 out of 5 starts or 5 out of 5 stars.  It's not the avg rating for for the movie.   The avg from critics is 6.2/10 which pretty much aligns with your 60.

We all know how it works but I'm happy I gave you the opportunity to give us that condescending "lesson." 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Lol, I'm pretty well known on this forum and elsewhere for my love for Pixar films, but even I never went that far.

BTW Zootopia was amazing, so I'll agree with you on that.

Going so far as what?

I'm not trying to present Japanese anime as the greatest evah. I'm pointing out I feel that American animation is mired within the "cute/cuddly/nice message for the kids" sub-sub-genre -- to put it extremely crudely. (We won't even get into the deal with CG.)

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Funnily enough the only Ghibli movie I've seen is Mononoke, maybe I should watch the rest of them, but I keep hearing Mononoke is their best so eh, whatevs.  Maybe one day.

Spirited Away is their best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Oh, FFS, Tele.

Animation is a medium, not a genre. Considering you're in LA and work in the entertainment industry editing films/episodes, that should have been obvious.

Also, I didn't hear you complain ONCE about The Floppit Trilogy. They are the supreme epitome of blockbuster films at their laziest and most uninspired. So why were you quiet? Oh, right...it's because you had a boner for them. And that's fine. But if you are going to criticize the film industry for their lack of creativity, then your target should go to the Hobbit trilogy and not freaking Zootopia. 

You old fart.

Not a fan of Floppit Trilogy, but the 3 of them are still much better than the first 4 Harry Potter movies I've seen. :ph34r:

Edit:  Except maybe AUJ, damn that one was boring.

Edited by Ozymandias

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

We all know how it works but I'm happy I gave you the opportunity to give us that condescending "lesson." 

In what fucking universe was he being condescending? I despise people like you.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Going so far as what?

Just the way you pump up the film to ridiculous extent, even quoting the founder of Studio Ghibli. It's ridiculous, but I get it.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Just the way you pump up the film to ridiculous extent, even quoting the founder of Studio Ghibli. It's ridiculous, but I get it.

Hey, not my fault that Toshio Suzuki liked it so much. :)

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

It says Miyazaki is the greatest animator living today, and no other animators can fuck with him. However, let's not put out rose colored glasses on and pretend Japanese anime is so much more varied than American animation. Simply untrue. 

Bingo, just look at the anime movies that top the charts with regularity in Japan - in particular the ones that have like 20 sequels.

In 2013, Takahata's The Tale of The Princess Kaguya made less than Pokeman Wishes and or Conan #578,000 and #578,001

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Bingo, just look at the anime movies that top the charts with regularity in Japan - in particular the ones that have like 20 sequels.

In 2013, Takahata's The Tale of The Princess Kaguya made less than Pokeman Wishes and or Conan #578,000 and #578,001

I don't think anyone's defending the cinematic bona fides of Detective Conan or One Piece, though.