grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

And the fact he goes on a show that had a terrific first season's horrible second season. It's like everything he touches turns to shit. But when you have scenes like this with the other actors what do you expect. tumblr_nqo66kEZeW1ttjvs0o1_1280.jpg

It got zero nominations yesterday from the Emmys. RIP, indeed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

FWIW: Wasn't a huge fan. Comedy was very hit/miss despite a great cast. Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon especially steal the show whenever they can. Special effects weren't as bad as I feared but not great, 3D was surprisingly good. Film was clumsily edited, the script was bloated and many scenes were overlong, the cameos were especially unnecessary. It would've faired better if it was closer to 90 min than 2 hours. Barely an audience in theater, nobody liked it in mine. I think I actually liked it more than they did. Agreed with @Baumer that the first scene gave me higher hopes.

However I know some people who really liked it, and nobody I know outright hated it. Reactions go from "meh" to "really enjoyed" seems like the only ones who will really hate it are the dumb internet trolls... and they probably won't bother seeing it.

Thinking $3.5 mil previews; $40 to 45 mil OW; $100 to $105 total. I base this on the fact that many ppl I talked to outside of the Internet initially said, "Oh Ghostbusters? I heard that's supposed to be bad." I'm not sure WOM will be strong enough to turn the tide around. I think this will just end up being a turkey, hate to say.

Damn great call on the preview number man!

• Like 2

Just now, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

To address how sad that is, this show was nominated for an Emmy:

show-cover-nrdd-s2.jpg

THe kid on the bottom left looks like Adachi from Persona 4, but as a kid.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

A text from one of my friends autocorrected GHOSTBUSTERS to GOATBUSTERS. I now want to see that movie.

Same

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A text from one of my friends autocorrected GHOSTBUSTERS to GOATBUSTERS. I now want to see that movie.

A comedy about a group of investigators trying to discover what's causing goats going crazy or something to that extent, sounds like it could have real potential, so yeah I'd like to see a film called Goatbusters.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

A comedy about a group of investigators trying to discover what's causing goats going crazy or something to that extent, sounds like it could have real potential.

4118544378_20672268a2.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm expecting about 3.50M :redcapes: 

Basically anywhere between there and 5M. Presales in LA were weak as hell.

Wow a lot of people nailed this one!

10 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Won't Ghostbusters have problems next weekend when Lights Out comes out? Both movies are targeting the same auidence, teen girls.

If both Lights Out and Star Trek stay on the high spectrum on RT, this movie is probably going to get hurt. But I dunno, the buzz for Star Trek hasn't been that high. So that audience will most likely be taken away next weekend.

Family audiences I think are going to be the most who like GB. The question is have they had enough entertainment already with Dory and Pets. 

Just now, cannastop said:

Outstanding Short Form Variety Series

All nominees are from the internet.

Epic Rap Battles of History - sure

Gay of Thrones - what the fuck, from the title I can tell it's bad

Honest Trailers is cool

Making A Scene with James Franco - ???

Park Bench With Steve Buscemi - ???

amazing list 11/10 would watch all, btw this is definitely television.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

Epic Rap Battles of History - sure

Gay of Thrones - what the fuck, from the title I can tell it's bad

Honest Trailers is cool

Making A Scene with James Franco - ???

Park Bench With Steve Buscemi - ???

amazing list 11/10 would watch all, btw this is definitely television.

All nominees in that category were internet exclusives, though.

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Wow a lot of people nailed this one!

If both Lights Out and Star Trek stay on the high spectrum on RT, this movie is probably going to get hurt. But I dunno, the buzz for Star Trek hasn't been that high. So that audience will most likely be taken away next weekend.

Family audiences I think are going to be the most who like GB. The question is have they had enough entertainment already with Dory and Pets. 

I think I predicted 3.5M myself yesterday, I'm never usually close lol.

8 hours ago, ThatOneGhostbuster said:

It's slightly lower than Fury Road, although that probably had a bigger rush out factor than this, being that this is a comedy.  I'd say a 50M weekend is possible.

And that's exactly what I compared this too judging what people were saying their theaters looked like. Or Tomorrowland.

I think tonight will be different though.