baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

3 minutes ago, Newbie said:

so normally what time do we see Rth post?

After midnight EST.  So in about 3 hours.

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Dick pics.

I was hoping the dick picks would suffice for Suicide Squad numbers :ph34r: I guess I'm going to have to go all out for that weekend. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Lights Out was fantastic. See it asap.

Lights Out is just 81 minutes long. It feels like I'm wasting my money going to see a movie so short!

Why didn't they add in 10 minutes of filler to pad things out and to make the movie a better value?

Just now, Jessie said:

Watching gladiator. Why is it such an awesome film? Why do we never get films like gladiator anymore. Absolute fucking classic 

Anyways continue 

Braveheart is life.

I don't care if it's historically inaccurate. So many feels from beginning to end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Lights Out is just 81 minutes long. It feels like I'm wasting my money going to see a movie so short!

Why didn't they add in 10 minutes of filler to pad things out and to make the movie a better value?

Because it works as an 80 minute film.  Filler would be just that....filler.

• Like 3

UPDATED, 7:52 AM and 12:35 PM WRITETHRU: While Paramount’s Star Trek Beyond noon estimates show a three-day gross right now of $57.5M to $60M+, Warner Bros/New Line Cinema’s Lights Out already is turning audiences on with a new three-day estimate of $18M to $21M — way up above what early tracking showed. And the movie isn’t even before the horror crowd, yet which traditionally shows up late Friday night. Meanwhile, Ice Age: Collision Coursemay end up around $22M for the weekend, however, its core family audience won’t really show up until tomorrow and Sunday. That’s what it looks like so far but it’s quite early.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

UPDATED, 7:52 AM and 12:35 PM WRITETHRU: While Paramount’s Star Trek Beyond noon estimates show a three-day gross right now of $57.5M to $60M+, Warner Bros/New Line Cinema’s Lights Out already is turning audiences on with a new three-day estimate of $18M to $21M — way up above what early tracking showed. And the movie isn’t even before the horror crowd, yet which traditionally shows up late Friday night. Meanwhile, Ice Age: Collision Coursemay end up around $22M for the weekend, however, its core family audience won’t really show up until tomorrow and Sunday. That’s what it looks like so far but it’s quite early.

Welcome to 7 hours ago :lol:  :sadben: 

• Like 1

UPDATED, 7:52 AM and 12:35 PM WRITETHRU: While Paramount’s Star Trek Beyond noon estimates show a three-day gross right now of $57.5M to $60M+, Warner Bros/New Line Cinema’s Lights Out already is turning audiences on with a new three-day estimate of $18M to $21M — way up above what early tracking showed. And the movie isn’t even before the horror crowd, yet which traditionally shows up late Friday night. Meanwhile, Ice Age: Collision Coursemay end up around $22M for the weekend, however, its core family audience won’t really show up until tomorrow and Sunday. That’s what it looks like so far but it’s quite early.

Those guesstimates were posted at noon today. Stupid Deadline.

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

however, its core family audience won’t really show up until tomorrow and Sunday.

I'm always amazed at how the people who report these things and the people who know how box office trends work are completely different. Whatever Ice Age makes on Friday it will make less on Saturday. This is the heart of summer. A 30-second search on Box Office Mojo could teach you this. 

(but if they're projecting 22m with a Saturday bump the Friday number must be very low...) 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1