CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

You do realize most fans don't give a shit about what studio releases what, right? Also, barely anyone knows what hero belongs to DC and what belongs to Marvel. You're grasping at straws. Batman is the biggest draw in the industry, and it's not close. Spider Man was #2, but I'd say Iron Man is #2 now.

• Like 5

Just now, ChipMunky said:

BUT THIS ISN'T THE DC/MARVEL THREAD. Discuss the weekend box office, you animals.

The discussion we are having is about the popularity of the two brands and their characters, totally a box office related discussion IMO.

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Captain America is bigger than Batman at this current time. No doubt in my mind.

Not really. Civil War was not a Cap movie. Go read the CW weekend thread, aka a 200 page argument on that subject.

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Captain America is bigger than Batman at this current time. No doubt in my mind.

IDK, I think a poorly received Batman film (lol good luck Ben) would still crush a poorly received Captain America film at the box office.

• Like 1

There's Bats and there's Spidey and then there's everyone else. Iron Man's Downey through and through and Supes just doesn't resonate like he once did.

Nonsense aside, fantastic preview number for Suicide Squad! Expecting $130M+ OW DOM, could even approach $140M OW DOM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

You do realize most fans don't give a shit about what studio releases what, right? Also, barely anyone knows what hero belongs to DC and what belongs to Marvel. You're grasping at straws. Batman is the biggest draw in the industry, and it's not close. Spider Man was #2, but I'd say Iron Man is #2 now.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

But this is the WEEKEND thread.

Then why are you comparing DC with Marvel in the WEEKEND THREAD

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not really. Civil War was not a Cap movie. Go read the CW weekend thread, aka a 200 page argument on that subject.

I am pretty sure my ticket sub said Captain America.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I think it'll safe come in over your number, Chip. It'll be frontloaded but nothing like BatSupes though.

(despite doing this for almost 15 years, I'm still terrible at weekend IMs)

• Like 1